Losing My Religion - None of the Above Now Top!

by Simon 11 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Look at this - the percentage of Americans who have no religious affiliation is now higher than any religious group!

Next step, a majority!

• Simon
    Simon

And yeah, it's a bit misleading as "protestant" is split into 3 separate groups but look at how the line is growing - it's like atheism has finally reached critical mass which means it makes it easier for others to leave.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I pray to no god that that day will come.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

AH! GOOD NEWS! I was worried you would be telling us that the grifter formerly known as STEPHAN T MCGUIRE was back!

(see https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/193207/losing-my-religion-film-project-needs-help if curious.)

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Anyone else happen to notice that the growth rate of evangelicals through the decades is similar to JWs? Like a "hello internet" thing.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I would hazard a guess also that many who identify with a religion don`t actually practice the religion they identify with .

So wouldn`t / shouldn`t these ones really come under the scope of being of no religion ?

I`m sure we all know many people if asked what religion they are would give you an answer to this or that religion but have never gone to church and have no intention of ever going to one.

That could be ascertained by asking the questions ,

how often do you attend ,

when was the last time you attended

and are you planning to attend in the next 5 years or so .

• Brighton
    Brighton

So how is it then that there is constant push to teach religious ideas in school, and prayer in Congress?

• Dmitry
    Dmitry

Judging by the trend of the graphs, today's separation from the Catholics at 0.1%, after a year or two, turn into an abyss. The outgoing generation takes religion with them to the grave.

• Dmitry
    Dmitry

According to statistics, a sharp leap with a steady upward trend occurred at about the same time as the Internet. And before the jump, for some reason there was a deep collapse, almost to the level of 76 g ?? What is it connected with, I wonder?

Reliable information and erudition is obtained - the most terrible enemy of religiosity.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    it's like atheism has finally reached critical mass

We have much work to do still. "No Religion" doesn't mean they are atheists and believers still dominate the chart, many not letting go of their category even if they are inactive Catholics, Protestant, or others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit