For those of you who is contemplating leaving the Borg, consider...

by James Mixon 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    Oh yes Simon, association with ex jws during your transition helps to avoid the long explanations alright! And really, having been that person who has made the long explanations to my not in partner, it's tiresome but also embarrassing! You end up hearing the absurdity of that 'stuff' that was once upon a time your life and future compass! (Shame!!) But then the comfort that comes with the realization that you did the right thing lets you get on with it!
  • Simon
    Simon
    Many members when leaving the mental confines of the WTS self-destruct due to the overwhelming freedom they have instantly acquired. I say many, as there as just as many if not more, many more, who are sincere Christians looking for the truth.

There is probably a mix of both but the wild stories will always get the headlines. Most people just fade away and leave without any big fuss and drama. I wonder if anyone thinks people really change though?

I mean, I don't think that even without the WTS upbringing that I'd have been a wild party animal .. or would I? How would I ever know?

Some probably would and the WTS experience "contained" them - once it is gone then bam, they revert to their real self.

I wonder if anyone has ever studied the nature vs nurture thing by looking at people brought up strictly and then released from it?

• vinman
    vinman
    Tenacious: You must have telepathy. I swear you copied and pasted those words from my mind.😊
  • Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

"The stories of people immediately becoming promiscuous drug users after walking out of the KH are just made up from the pages of the WTS."

I can't agree with this statement. I personally know dozens of ex-Witnesses who the second they left became incredibly promiscuous (so much so that some of them would make a promiscuous person blush) and alcoholics and drug users. You haven't seen that with people, especially those under 30? Because I have. They go absolutely nuts. One of my female friends confided in me that she slept with every guy she met after she left and she was completely reckless. I know 3 other ex-sisters who became strippers. If anything most of the younger people I grew up with who left went absolutely bonkers once they left the JW's. They had no code at all.

I'm sure it's different with older people, but certainly not with Gen X'ers or Millennials .

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe I just hung around with the wrong (right) crowd - it's not mandatory though :)

For anyone who is thinking about leaving - you can be whoever you want to be. You don't need to rely on the bible for any moral code but you can if you wish. But not relying on the bible doesn't mean you will automatically lose all morals.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My son told me, dad we talked so much about sex in the meetings the young

ones couldn't wait to see what they were missing. I know of a elder daughter who

became a stripper, one a bar maid, CO daughter had kids by different men. yes many

went bonkers.

• DJS
    DJS

"One of my female friends confided in me that she slept with every guy she met after she left and she was completely reckless. I know 3 other ex-sisters who became strippers."

Once again, hear-say. In order to conduct a complete and thorough investigation to validate your claims, I must have the names and contact information for these women so that I can conduct my un-biased investigation. You may pm me the information.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    DJS: good one. LOL.
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    I'm pretty much the same in or out, searching for truth. I have known some that were DF'ed and believe me it was one big party all the while they were out with some crazy unbelievable behavior. One guy I knew at the time ( now back in full on reaching out born in cult mode ) accused me of being weird borderline gay for not frequenting the strip clubs. There are lots of good people with values and morals out there, just not as noticeable as those that don't.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force

You end up hearing the absurdity of that 'stuff' that was once upon a time your life and future compass!

That is the way I feel now, how absurd it was, what I believed, and true it is embarrassing having to admit you once believed it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit