Inactive after 6 months: where is it written?

by psyco 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• psyco
    psyco

I cannot find written anywhere that after 6 months without preaching activities reported you are considered an inactive JW.

Where is this written? Or is it a non-written rule?

Thanks.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

I have no idea, great question ….. hopefully. One one will know 👍

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

It's scattered about here and there. The latest reference is in the June 2020 WT, page 18, footnote to paragraph 2.

EXPRESSION EXPLAINED: An inactive publisher is someone who has not reported any activity in the preaching and disciple-making work for six months or more. Even so, inactive ones are still our brothers and sisters, and we love them.
  • psyco
    psyco

FFGhost:

Thanks!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Even so, inactive ones are still our brothers and sisters, and we love them.

And we won’t let them go.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

You Keep Using That Word, I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means | Know  Your Meme

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    ... Even so, inactive ones are still our brothers and sisters, and we love them.

And we show our love by bullying the inactive ones (are no longer on the list of fieldservice groups), not inviting them to social events, stalking them more often through elders, and talking to them as little as possible. Like all other cults.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I never cease to be amazed how openly they can lie with a straight face!

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Does 22 years count as inactive? I'm not DF or DA.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The procedure was laid out in the old “ Organisation Book” , I don’t know what a modern equivalent might be.

When I was a Secretary I used to remove the non reporting publishers cards to the back of the box in a separate inactive section. There they were quietly forgotten.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit