New Blood policy for JW medical professionals?

by FreeAgent 41 Replies latest watchtower medical

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I don't see how this could be that big of a problem if true. I would imagine that there are more than enough people on a medical staff to get someone a transfusion if the need arises, regardless of what one JW has to say about it.

The talking snake thing is an interesting point, but one thing people forget to mention is the talking donkey. And don't forget the witch of Endor. So let's see...we have a talking snake, a talking donkey, giant demon/human hybrids, a dragon, and a witch amongst a lot of other craziness. What does Wikipedia have to say about all of this?

From Wikipedia: A fairy tale, wonder tale, magic tale, or Märchen is a folklore genre that takes the form of a short story. Such stories typically feature entities such as dwarfs, dragons, elves, fairies, giants, gnomes, goblins, griffins, mermaids, talking animals, trolls, unicorns, or witches, and usually magic or enchantments. (Some translations of the Bible mention unicorns.)

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

This letter has been read to nurses in the central Arkansas, US area. A lot of JW nurses here. This has caused some stress for a few.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

doinmypart:

Yes, I have heard about this letter and I am wondering if it was just sent out to HLC. All the examples that have been shared indicate that it was "read" to medical staff members, but I keep wondering if a copy can be obtained.

I am still trying to see if I can get a copy, which would help greatly to clear up any confusion.

If there are any doctors or nurses that could help us get something in writing, it would be most appreciated.

Atlantis!

• FreeAgent
    FreeAgent

Thanks Atlantis, mucho appreciado.

And thanks for the local feedback doinmypart. That makes seven separate regional confirmations by my count so far, including the Reddit thread forwarded by Atlantis.

Still reserving judgement till an actual letter is produced, but I'm getting convinced this is an actual official initiative and we need to take it seriously. The question is why would the Org use this type of dissemination method when they are so "in your face" on everything else? Why is everything private or semi-private (no pun intended) verbal communication issued regionally with no written record available?

The most obvious would the desire to avoid legal liability and transfer it to any individuals foolish enough to follow orders. Reports vary slightly because they're allowing local HLCs to handle this in the most discrete (devious) way possible so as to not raise attention, and so they don't need to do a public flip-flop of official policy. The lawyers are running the show. Modus Operandi....

We need that letter folks.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

FreeAgent:

Yes, we sure do need that letter or statement of some kind. A while back we sent out some HLC leaked videos, and I thought I might review them to see if there might be an indication of a statement of sorts.

This isn't just about transfusions, this also affects the jobs of many JW medical staff members. If a JW nurse told her superiors that she could no longer administer a transfusion under any circumstances, she might get put on the pink list to get the boot.

I'll check those videos again to see. I wasn't looking for a statement like that the first time I viewed them and it could have slipped right by me.

Atlantis!

• blondie
    blondie

I remember some years ago (30) that a jw sister who was an RN assisting surgeons doing operations that could need blood administered, was told she had to transfer to another section. It was a financial loss to her, and the hospital that she could not cherry pick operations.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1999286#h=21:347-21:919

[Footnote]

Some Christians working in hospitals have had to consider this factor of authority. A physician might have authority to order medications for or medical procedures on a patient. Even if a patient did not mind, how could a Christian doctor in authority order a blood transfusion or perform an abortion, knowing what the Bible says on such matters? In contrast, a nurse employed at the hospital might not have such authority. As she performs routine services, a doctor might direct her to perform a blood test for some purpose or to care for a patient who came for an abortion. In line with the example recorded at 2 Kings 5:17-19, she might conclude that since she is not the one with authority who orders a transfusion or performs an abortion, she could carry out human services for a patient. Of course, she still would have to consider her conscience, so as ‘to behave before God with a clear conscience.’​—Acts 23:1.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

If true, WT seems to be getting more and more up in peoples faces and in their business. Holy crap, they're in everyones bedrooms, now they want their jobs too? Is it me or is WT "poking the bee's nest" on everything? Maybe ramping up the "persecution complex." This organization seems to be getting crazier by the day!!!

• blondie
    blondie

careful, I was thinking of that same scripture Deut. 14:21; here is an old reasoning based on the scripture whether a jw surgeon could administer blood to a non-jw.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1964842?q=deut+14%3A21&p=sen

Therefore, whether a Christian will submit to inoculation with a serum, or whether doctors or nurses who are Christians will administer such, is for personal decision.* Christians in the medical profession are individually responsible for employment decisions. They must bear the consequences of decisions made, in keeping with the principle at Galatians 6:5. Some doctors who are Jehovah’s witnesses have administered blood transfusions to persons of the world upon request. However, they do not do so in the case of one of Jehovah’s dedicated witnesses. In harmony with Deuteronomy 14:21, the administering of blood upon request to worldly persons is left to the Christian doctor’s own conscience. This is similar to the situation facing a Christian butcher or grocer who must decide whether he can conscientiously sell blood sausage to a worldly person.*

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Blondie:

Those are some really good quotes. Thank you! I searched those HLC videos but couldn't find anything relating to what we are looking for. I'll keep looking.

Atlantis!

• zeb
    zeb

I read on this site (a link anyone) that the gb were discussing the blood issue and moving toward changing it when 9/11 happened and they took that as "jehovahs disapproval" of changing the blood doctrine.

there was also an account allegedly from a bethelite that the gb were telling everyone there that the planes were meant for them.

• So jehovah no longer answers their prayers for guidance he crashes planes into buildings..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit