I Am Now Officially an O.B.E member

by smiddy3 25 Replies latest social relationships

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

If people aren’t from down-under that went over their heads. I know you are making a joke though.

Regarding abbreviations:..this is a problem everywhere and not just on the forum. I once worked for a place that had a charitable foundation. You have no idea how many seemingly intelligent people automatically assume that the whole world knows about their little obscure organization.. I don’t give a rats ass how wonderful they think they are in their little circle..Everybody does not know who the hell they are if they abbreviate their name. Nor should anybody have to waste time going online to figure out what they are all about.

Their idiot websites are another pet peeve of mine and just thinking about all this makes me glad I’m retired.

They send correspondence begging for a grant $ and the actual name of what their organization is doesn’t appear anywhere - just an abbreviation... I had to get on the phone asking them. This is tedious when there are many of them..I think any charitable foundation should post in big letters on their website that potential grantees must spell out the whole name of their organization..If organizations don’t want to do this, their letter and presentation deserve to end up in somebody’s trash!

• zeb
    zeb

Over 80 eh?

Live long prosper in wisdom health and love..

• compound complex
    compound complex

For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,

Which spreads out its roots by the river,

And will not fear when heat comes;

But its leaf will be green,

And will not be anxious in the year of drought,

Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

-- Jeremiah 17:8, NKJV (New King James Version)

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Hey smiddy3,

You are of special might (biblical speak :) well done.

• tiki
    tiki

😁congrats octogenarian!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

OBE, out of body experience

https://www.acronymfinder.com/OBE.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit