Just dropped the bomb

by Powermetal4ever 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

After a long struggle with myself, I did send a SMS to my mother this morning, telling her I didn't want to go to the meeting, and that I no longer believe in the organisation, don't really believe in god any more either but I put that out. I wrote about three things that I thought are obvious, the overlapping generation that doesn't make sense, the flood an the animals in Australia- how they came there. And JW TV that makes them look as any other religion.

Got a SMS back telling how much she loves me and so on and that we must talk about this. Kind of surprising, I thought it would be more of a rumble. Anywat its only the beginning, maybe it will get worse, sending elder after me. Update will come.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Hope you're not bothered about the inevitable fall-out and can move on. Best wishes!
  • cofty
    cofty
    Wishing you all the best. You are probably in for a rough ride but freedom is worth any price.
  • Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    That takes guts. My son did it and now my parents are out. You may bear witness through the way you handle yourself from this point on. Just remember to be kind and patient no matter how frustrated you get. How long has your mum been in?
  • Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever
    How long has your mum been in?

Since before I was born, 30+ years.

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige
    My parents 40+ years and I never thought in a gazillion years that this would ever happen to them. Don't worry about the backlash. Research a lot and give your own feelings time to develop. If things get heavy, defend your position by asking for scriptural proof. You will be ok. :)
  • Half banana
    Half banana
    Well done Powermetal! just remember JW org no authority over you whatsoever...and we are all on your side.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It is indeed quite the internal struggle between being true to yourself and not, but I believe you made the right choice in being honest.

Nothing may come of it, so don't sweat it, you'll cross that bridge if and when etc etc.

Don't let anyone shame you for being honest.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I truly wish you the very best. I hope your mom comes around and actually recognizes the validity of your argument.

Let the bible speak and leave the explaining to her.

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Update!

My mum phoned me ant we spoke for a whole hour about different stuff. It turned out she has doubt about certain things and especially the overlapping generation-thing. It also sounded like she understood me. She said that its different for me that has never been in the "world" and havenĀ“t been able to explore other religions like she did before choosing this one. She was crying a bit, must have been a chock for her to realise I don't believe anymore. On the other hand, I thought she would be angry, and I really dreaded what her reaction would be like.

I hope your mom comes around and actually recognizes the validity of your argument.

Yes I got the feeling that she actually did that, but time will tell how it works out. I guess it depends on how much she speaks about this with others and so.

It is indeed quite the internal struggle between being true to yourself and not, but I believe you made the right choice in being honest.
    Nothing may come of it, so don't sweat it, you'll cross that bridge if and when etc etc.
    Don't let anyone shame you for being honest.

This must be the best I have read for a long time :) This is exactly how I feel, I need to be true to myself...I can't do the fade, like others. It might work good for some, but I felt I just couldn't do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit