ARMAGEDDON

by Lost in the fog 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Hi @Lost in the fog,

If it's okay that I give my thoughts...to me, it is clear what Armageddon is about, when I read Revelation 16:13-16. It is about truth and lies. From the mouths that speak words - the mouth of a false prophet, a “beast” that the false prophet “directs” (Rev 13:12,15) and the devil, the father of the lie - “demonic expressions” are spoken to those they assemble for the “battle of Armageddon”. And those that they assemble are “kings of the earth” (NKJV), and “of the whole world” (not every soul, but coming from all parts of the world). The “kings of the earth” are mentioned in Rev 1:5 and 5:9,10, as the anointed “kings” that Jesus rules over. (We see “kings of the earth” also, in Rev 21:24 when the Kingdom is established)

It is they who are gathered to hear lies from the three entities. (three – 666 – Rev 13:18).

Jesus, the ruler of these surrounded kings, says, “Look, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who is alert and remains clothed so that he may not go around naked and people see his shame.” Jesus is speaking to those he rules over, not the kings/leaders of the world.

The scriptures have always addressed God’s people under covenant, and it is the same today. Armageddon’s battle includes these kings under covenant, and those who reside with them. By Jesus' words, the anointed will either be found alert and clinging to the truth in him, or still gathered and asleep under the spell of liars. It is a decision they make, as Joel 3:14 indicates.

This article was written by an anointed one who is out of the Wt. I fully agree with her comments. She gives the spiritual connotation to words pertaining to war in the scriptures, and how they apply in our day. Whatever happens in the world to mankind, is Satan’s doing, not God’s. The GB has painted a terrible picture of a bloody war that they say Jesus and God will cause. Jesus said it is the thief that comes to “steal, kill, and destroy. I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.” (John 10:10) He is truth, not a liar. It is the Wt. who has created "another Jesus", as one who kills. (2 Cor 11:4)

I believe that the GB are the “false prophets” that appear to be like a lamb belonging to Christ (Rev 13:1,2) and the “Beast” is their organization that “makes war with the saints”. Rev 13:1,2,5-7

“Armageddon – What Type of War?” https://inthenightaflyingscroll.blogspot.com/2022/05/armageddon-what-type-of-warfare.html

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Yes. Reasoning from the Bible. Armageddon will come from God one day.

Based on the premise that God doesn’t exist and that the universe just exists on its own, the earth or humanity will come to an end someday caused by anything possible. Could be hit by an asteroid or something else can happen.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    How many of you still believe that God will one day terminate the world's many systems by means of an Armageddon?

Isn't that were Jesus shows up as Savior and saves what is left of the world after the Anti-Christs' reign of terror?

18 years out, the WT view seems so silly to me. In the dominant evangelical view, Christians won't be here on earth for this event, (having already been raptured), but rather they will be with Jesus upon his return to save the world. "unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved."

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

"Christians won't be here on earth for this event, (having already been raptured)"

Makes perfect sense.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The only Armargeddon I can relate to is :

Ar`m a geddon out of this cult religion before I go nuts.

• RolRod
    RolRod

He will terminate the systems, not the people.

• wozza
    wozza

Mankind probably deserves an Armaggedon ,but which god is gonna do it ? El the caananite god which the jews pinched or gentle Jesus who loves us so much he will turn into El?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If Jesus were to appear again coming in the clouds, I imagine at least 75% of mankind would fall down in praise. With nations like Iran , north korea , china not accepting his rule. Those are the nations he makes war with

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Why did John not write or mention the destruction of Jerusalem by Rome since he wrote in the 90’s, over 20 years after? That was also part of the fulfillment of Jesus prophecy so why not draw attention to it?

I am no Bible scholar but it raises serious questions about the date and author of Revelation.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    foggy - How many of you still believe that God will one day terminate the world's many systems by means of an Armageddon?

I am very sceptical about a god/gods actually existing. The Bible has been taken far too seriously by people since some blokes bunged it together from some crappy old scrolls. They did an 'eeny meenie miney mo' to chose which bits to keep and which bits to bin.

It's all a ridiculous hoax. It's all too silly to give time and fake emotions to. Nothing has happened; nothing will happen. It's a big April fool that just perpetuates.

As for 'Armageddon(tm)' by God/s. Nothing will happen. We'll all die eventually, after wasting time on a fraud like religion.

We could have been so much better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit