I thought this comment was interesting from the LDS

by joe134cd 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Here is a you tube video made by a ex-LDS member.. The comment made at the 5:48 min mark I found very interesting.

https://youtu.be/hJw4NazuzzY

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Interesting. I do know they are trying to distance themselves from the "mormon" name and wish to be termed the church of JC of the LDS.

They are doing exactly what watchtower is doing sqeezing more members into fewer chapels, with smaller services, by the sounds of it. They must use the same business advisors!!

They too seemed to be very anti Catholic in the past. They are certainly, like the watchtower, a "new gospel".

• zeb
    zeb

all the changes being made as declared by this lady sound so familiar.The only bit mssing from the wt recent changes and chasing the $ is the gb have not gone off to Rome to have an audience with the Pope.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

This is the restrained Catholic view on the "historic" meeting:

https://www.catholicnews.com/services/englishnews/2019/pope-meets-top-leaders-of-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints.cfm

The Mormons read a helluva lot more into it:

https://www.lds.org/church/news/president-nelson-meets-with-pope-francis-at-the-vatican?lang=eng

The LDS President Ballard said, “We could not have asked for a more fulfilling experience. We were grateful that he would receive us.”

Isn't it nice of God's chosen representatives on earth (the LDS' 12 Prophets) to be so condescending to the religious leader of a false religion?

• Half banana
    Half banana

This reversal of allegiance has a strong resonance with the political ambitions of the GB in the 1980s and early 90s back in the day when they had a good income and confident outlook. Then they cosied up to the UN to clear the path for their expansion in eastern Europe after generations of condemning the institution they called the counterfeit kingdom of God . Formerly the LDS had officially called the Catholic Church "the church of Satan".

How will the LDS reconcile it? With charitable money perhaps. The uncharitable GB have failed in their ambitions and want to hide their embarrassing foray into world politics. The LDS will survive and the JW org will decline and shuffle off into obscurity.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I just thought it was interesting about how they are cutting down on the spiritual food (3 hours to 2 hours) in order to cram more people into a building. I similar thing to what wt is doing in their business model. It must be getting tight in the business of religion.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s interesting she says the Mormon church is worth around $40 billion and they collect around $8 billion from the membership each year. That sounds possible to me, and if it is remotely true, it puts firmly into perspective the windfall of around $1 to $2 billion Watchtower received from the sale of Brooklyn properties.

Presumably a lot of Mormon income comes from investment of various kinds. In the UK a lot of churches derive substantial income from letting out property they own. I don’t think Watchtower does any of that, which puts Watchtower at a distinct disadvantage. On top of discouraging education and historically denouncing churches that collect tithes or collections during services, it’s no wonder that Watchtower is in financial trouble. Add in the fact that literature production is now a net drain on resources and increasing legal fees and payouts, Watchtower faces serious financial challenges to say the least.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I thought this comment was interesting from the LDS:

While the LDS has a membership north of 16 million (and rising)...its net worth is way north of $40 billion (and rising). Compare those numbers with the JWs...south of 8 million members (and declining) and a net worth south of $2 billion (and declining).

Obviously God is showering the LDS with way more blessings than he is the WT/JWs!

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

You cannot compare JW numbers with those of the LDS. On paper the LDS church has a much lower threshold for those actually counted. They also grossly over inflate their numbers. Wikipedia statistics back this up. Despite what is sometimes posted here the Witnesses are conservative in figures they post....and a lot more truthful. Even the memorial partakers gives evidence. As a movement I would say active JW attendees are 2 or 3 times that at least of the LDS Mormons.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Despite what is sometimes posted here the Witnesses are conservative in figures they post....and a lot more truthful.

ScottyRex...I'd like to know what you're smoking or what you've been drinking?🤣🤣🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit