Care Home Exclusively for JW's "Inadequate" and "Unsafe".

by snugglebunny 36 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The one located at the Lake District is connected to the K.H. via a gate and wheelchair ramp.

http://www.jah-jireh-maryport.co.uk/

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    how can they allow such blatant religious discrimination in who they employ?

Mephis is correct that , at least in th UK, you can have faith based care homes like Jewish care homes etc

Simon mentioned the employment situation and I am pretty certain he's right you cannot specify an employee's religon when you advertise for staff. I know at least the Jewish care homes don't as I've done agency work in them. I think the most they can require is cultural sensitivity/diversity training etc

• gda
    gda

cna/caregiver 27 years

the state board needs a calling for "shut it down"

anybody working there want to file a complaint?

• Londo111
    Londo111

Date of publication: 06/07/2015

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

@Cangie-The Allentown facility is called "Legacy Place Cottages". It is in Salisbury Twp, I believe.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    my last wife was a registered manager of a care home. i know she would have been utterly appalled to get a CQC inspection result like that. care homes need reminding that CQC have the power to shut a place down if it doesnt shape up.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

The employment application for the Jah-Jireh home in Pennsylvania specifically asks for a congregation name.

That is clearly discriminatory and therefore in violation of US Federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Laws, in particular Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    The one located at the Lake District is connected to the K.H. via a gate and wheelchair ramp.
    http://www.jah-jireh-maryport.co.uk/

"All our fees are in line with Cumbria County Council rates."

Lol. No special discounts then!

My wife's mother is in a nursing home for which the family has to pay £745 PER WEEK.

So it's a real money spinner.

• St George of England
    St George of England

About the CQC Inspection
    This unannounced inspection was carried out on 17th December 2014, the results of which were only brought to our attention in April 2015. We were very distressed when we received the results as it is always our aim to provide the best possible care by adhering above and beyond to the standards of care set by the regulator. (Please see our previous inspections on the CQC website) However, this does not appear to be the case according to this latest inspection.
    Therefore, while we would like to make clear we do not agree with all the aspects of this report, (and we have challenged this through our solicitor) we will work non stop to ensure we are the best we can possibly be. In fact, by the time of publishing this report, relevant training has already been completed in harmony with the advice given by CQC.
    Please see the Blackpool Healthwatch report giving the results of another unannounced inspection carried out just one month later on 30th January 2015, which is excellent.

This was on their website.

George

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Also in germany: http://www.philiacare-dohna.de/index.html

Owned by elders and there wifes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit