One of the Dukes has stepped down......

by AFRIKANMAN 12 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

So I don't know much about this fellow, but it sounds like some here have an issue with him not being "politically" correct. I really like the way Bill Maher put it to Jake Trapper the other day:

Tapper tried to get Maher to talk about the “tense” moment on his last week’s show, in which he called guest/Dem Sen. Elizabeth Warren “Pocahontas” as Trump loves to call her. Tapper wondered if that was an ethnic slur.

“Technically yes,” Maher said. “Should we get that upset about it? Of course not!”

“This is one of the problems Democrats have,” Maher said, shooting down Tapper’s line of questioning. “They obsess about things like Halloween costumes and the name of the Washington Redskins.” Meanwhile, “there’s millions of people in this country saying, ‘How about a little more of “I’m going to get your job back”?'”

enough with the PC obsession already

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

There's a list in the Telegraph of some of Philip's gaffes (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/04/48-prince-philips-greatest-gaffes-funny-moments/). Here are some of my favourites:

9. "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?" (to a driving instructor in Oban, Scotland, during a 1995 walkabout).

22. In Germany, in 1997, he welcomed German Chancellor Helmut Kohl at a trade fair as "Reichskanzler" - the last German leader who used the title was Adolf Hitler.

43. "If the man had succeeded in abducting Anne, she would have given him a hell of a time while in captivity." (On a gunman who tried to kidnap the Princess Royal in 1974.)

45. "If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she's not interested." (on the Princess Royal)

• Landy
    Landy

To a blind lady with a guide dog: 'I hear they have anorexia dogs that do the eating for you now'

The guy is a legend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit