What made you walk out on the "Truth"?

by Overrated 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

I had a legal divorce from my ex wife( law of the land). I was told not to expect to get remarried because my divorce was not legal to Watchtower.

My Divorce and situation seem to be a talk of gossip and even a many local needs talks. I wanted to take some more schooling to get a better job, there was a local needs talk on higher education and it's dangers. It seemed they liked seeing me in bad shape. But wanted my time, money and energy. I walked out an never looked back.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Since this organization was made by men to empower themselves .....

Oppression, lies, corruption and ignorance

Religious cults are just that

• skin
    skin

Some of us can't walk out without running the risk of losing close family. The question aimed at me would be, "what made me wake up to the truth about the truth?".

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My wife and I had been inactive for about 3 years. I was a born-in and she joined late in life. She was tired of being in a state of limbo - we were not active and isolated from those in at the same time choosing to live under the same restrictions of a Witness.

I knew it was killing the family inside living the way we were. I told her I was ok with everyone celebrating holidays and birthdays. I told her I was alright with letting our children live the life they wanted.

That same year my father laid it on pretty heavy about attending the Memorial. He made it sound like that the talk that year would be different and of special importance. The kids wanted to go so I took them. What a mess.

This was the first Memorial with the new/current songbook. Not only did we not have the right songbook, but the song that opened the Memorial, a usual, had been changed. When the Memorial was over I immediately knew that the talk given was the same old talk I had heard for over 30 years.

The next day I came to the website. My eyes were immediately opened. What I had already suspected was confirmed for me. The Watchtower and its religion, Jehovah's Witnesses, was not "the truth". I have never looked back.

• minimus
    minimus

Years of realizing it just wasn’t true or real. I’m not a robot. When I discern something isn’t right, you can’t ignore it. I tried to bury it long enough. At the end I really disliked being an elder.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

What really turned me off after being brought up in this religion was that its core operation or doctrines were corrupt apostate lies presented as to be preaching a true Gospel of Jesus.

It wasn't !

You can groom a person with a nice smile and dress but if they preach false bible teachings they are unrighteous false prophets, sinners.

What it was was corrupt religious charlatanism through literature proliferation designed intentionally by the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation, it still is.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I advised by an elder to test the truth. The more I studied, the more questions started to arise, the elders didn't want to answer my questions. Their response was their usual "Wait on Gee-hober " or "Your getting close to Apostasy " with the Org it was always hidden knowledge and one sided. Alot of things I found on the org/Bible lead me out of the Org.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Walked out a abusive and controlling marriage after finally realised something wasn't right and then realized that something wasn't right with Jws and that it is a abusive and controlling religion .

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Lies.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I think the thing that finally made me realise the whole thing was a sham. A work colleague questioned me about the divorce rate in various Christian faiths. Innocent enough question. Unfortunately for watchtower it wasn’t so favourable, as I wasn’t able to find any statistical answers in the literature. With no other options I decided to google it. Up came JWs facts and the rest is history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit