I just watched the final video from this years convention. OMG!!!

by NikL 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Personally, I suspect that the GB is "projecting"...

...deep down, they're scared the authorities are coming for them.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Soon this will be a reality as 8 GB members will be running through the woods trying to escape the coming persecution and arrest for child abuse cover ups and as the swat team gets ever closer out of the clouds will appear jesus shooting arrows and the GB members in their final judgment. Then the world will applaud and the angels will sing a glorious new song!!! Singing “were not going to take it, no not going to take it , we’re not going to take it anymore “ common now everybody!!

• TD
    TD

That was depressing.

On one hand, the Branch Davidian level of paranoia was disturbing, but you have to feel sorry for people who live in such fear....

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

People live in such fear because that's all they've known. They've constantly had this 'persecution complex', 'us vs. them' mentality. This is why it's so scarey.

If they have ever seen any kind of evidence of Divine influence, they may start to have second thoughts. This is why the GB is so effective in manipulation because of inspirational claims.

But then again they claim not to be ''inspired nor infallible''.

Do we see the paradox created here?

The Witnesses have had their thinking done for them for so long, that they are held 'Captive' to this.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    He was among those encircling the JWs, weilding a stick and inexplicably sporting a headband.

I think I see him in the back...

• zeb
    zeb

Quoting Vidiot; "Personally, I suspect that the GB is "projecting"......deep down, they're scared the authorities are coming for them."...

I totally agree.

In a past cong was an elder who would go on about all the tortures that "they" would use. Eventually he was pulled into line. His fanaticism was so evident.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Running into the forest unarmed - Obeying direction whether it seems reasonable or not

Armed forces - Gog of Magog's final attack

Jesus and the angels - Armageddon and JWs salvation

The video was very effective and with the rest of the program helped to emphasize the fact that JWs need to obey all direction whether they make sense or not. They have been hitting on that since it was introduced in 2013 which is really odd. Makes you wonder what kind of directions they have in mind.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Among many other things, one striking thing about the video is just how few JW survivors are depicted. It’s as if to acknowledge that JWs are becoming fewer in number. I remember the old illustrations of JWs going “up to the mountain of the house of Jehovah” included huge crowds of people from lots of nationalities in a line.

Are we supposed to think this scene happens in the United States or Russia? Is this scenario supposed to play out many times all over the earth. Is it a single congregation, or is it metaphorical somehow? (Synecdoche, where part represents the whole) The video leaves a lot of questions.

Maybe it is all worked out and makes good sense if you’ve payed attention to the context. But somehow I have a feeling that trying to make sense of the details might be as fruitless an exercise as trying to understand the “overlapping generation” teaching. No matter how hard you try there’s just no sense to be found.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Well, that was creepy.

• flipper
    flipper

SLIMBOYFAT- " One striking thing....... is just how few JW survivors are depicted . I remember the old illustrations of JW's..........included huge crowds of people from lots of nationalities in a line. "

Exacty , great point. What was the scripture they used to reference all the time in Revelation about a " great crowd of people out of all nations and tongues...... etc. " allegedly surviving this final " destruction " at an alleged " Armageddon " . Seems WT will use any marketing ploy ( like showing few survivors ) just to instill FEAR into it's JW members. Even IF it goes contrary to their Biblical beliefs . WT leaders would rather scare the hell out of JW's to keep them submissive & obedient than actually stick to any script from the Bible ( Think : Pushing the overlapping two generation theories instead of sticking with Jesus remarks about " this generation "( singular ) will by no means pass away . )

It shows how WT leaders have been pulling doctrines out of their ass for years slinging them up on the chalkboard to make them stick. And all of their beliefs are running down off the chalkboard now into an unidentifiable goo on the floor. It's ridiculous how far they try to stretch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit