Future

by punkofnice 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• titch
    titch

Simboy, you beat me to it! Yeah, I was thinking, that 500 years from now, it'll be 2522. And, add 3 years to that, and you'll have 2525. Back in 1969, the duo Zager and Evans had a song with just that thought, "In The Year 2525" A thought-provoking song. Just think, people alive then will be able to pick their son, or pick their daughter, too, from the bottom of a long glass tube! Neat! But, sometimes, when I look out my front room window, I contemplate, What was here 500 years in the past, in 1522? Probably not much, here in what is now Southern California. Best Regards, Everyone.....Titch.

• riblah
    riblah

I wonder what North Sentinel Island will be like, lol?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

If humans don't have another technological interruption, like the dark ages, the technology available 500 years from now would seem like magic to us.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Humans have little or no regard for this planet and it`s resources so, maybe not in 500 years but maybe 5,000 years it will be a dust bowl .

And i`m an optimist

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I used to think I knew exactly what the future held for mankind,but now I really don’t know. I fear for the planet with global warming and the pollution of our seas , but who knows?

Mankind has always been terrible at forecasting the future. The things expected in my childhood look ridiculous now.

Like St George of England, I am glad that I am old and will not see the worst of it

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I recall Zager and Evan's one hit wonder. Looking at the lyrics now, they haven't aged well in my view. Thought provoking though.

The West will fall as it seems to be in a downward spiral right now.

Neo feudalism?

AI taking over?

A mysterious virus of unknown origin killing us all?

I really think the human race should be wiped out......just not when I'm around (he said tongue in cheek for effect).

Will we live in a Soy-boy world?

I seriously don't think Jesus is actually coming back. He left it too long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit