God wipes out humans/wickedness in Noah's Flood but somehow wickedness returns

by RULES & REGULATIONS 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

GENESIS 6: 9-13
    9 This is the account of Noah and his family.
    Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. 10 Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.
    11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence.12 God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. 13 So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

This silly story makes no sense!

God destroys people that are violent and wicked. He destroys animals, humans, and everything alive except Noah and his family.

They start a new life but violence and wickedness continue from his generation to today. It's worse today with more humans on earth.

So, what was accomplished by destroying everything if it starts all over again? Unless God had plans to make things better does this story make sense.

• millie210
    millie210

And dont forget the incest!

(Lot and his daughters.)

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

The excuse I often used as a JW was that Jehoboobs needed to destroy all the Nephilim

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

That Jehovah has quite a temper and might suffer from bipolar disorder since as an all knowing entity he knew things were going to go to shit again quickly.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Isn't it amazing that Jellohoba has gzillions of angels that sit around and do nothing?

I mean if there was a need to kill a few million humans, why wouldn't god simply tell each angel : "each of you go out tonight and kill one human". Then the next day - problem solved.

Instead he decides to have a peasant build a gigantic boat -- with the angels sitting around watching again - and then once he finishes, decides to wipe out all animals and plant life and destroy entire ecosystems.

What a remarkably idiotic thing to do.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

The explanation I was given was that there "was nothing they couldn't do." This could include nuclear weapons long before the issue of sovereignty was resolved resulting in man made destruction of life on earth. But I thought that was always the point, let man go his way without Jehoobiedoo and see what happens. Such a bullshit religion.

• pixel
    pixel

I always wonder why God has to "destroy" things. Can't he just make it disappear? Why destroy?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    pixel
    I always wonder why God has to "destroy" things. Can't he just make it disappear? Why destroy?
    redvip2000
    Instead he decides to have a peasant build a gigantic boat -- with the angels sitting around watching again - and then once he finishes, decides to wipe out all animals and plant life and destroy entire ecosystems.

Ananias and Sapphira were immediately struck dead ( a fast and easy death) because they held back money from the congregation.

Why didn't God do the same in Noah's Flood? Why wipe out animals, plant life, and every living thing when you can easily have all wicked humans expire ( heart attack ????) like Ananias and Sapphira?

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Why a flood to take out the Nephilim?

could they just be 'put to sleep' ?? [180 000 in one sitting with the ...uh...what-is-names]

And ....

In Numbers 31:15-18, after his soldiers had killed all of the men among the Midianites, Moses ordered his army officers to kill all of the male children, kill all of the nonvirgin females but to save alive all of the virgin girls for his troops. Prior to this, the Israelites had taken all of the animals and goods of the Midianites and then burned all of their towns. If genocide or "ethnic cleansing" is a war crime, then this act of Moses was clearly a war crime…What possible reason could Moses have given in order to justify this horrendous act of genocide? After all, wasn't he the great "law giver"? He claimed that Yahweh, the God of Israel, ordered him to do this, because the Midianites worshiped a deity named Baal Peor. The Midianites felt that Baal Peor was nature's god, the creator of the universe, whereas the Israelites believed that their god Yahweh was the creator. .. So, in effect, what we have here is a demonization of those people who refer to the creator by a different name. These people are accused of worshiping a false god.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jah good have zapped the Nephilims and their offspring and left the rest of humanity alone

Its just another bullshit story told by the ancient Hebrews to give power and relevance to their specific god YAHWEH. there was more ie. the book of Revelation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit