Printing Company to Video Production Company - Insider Information

by thedepressedsoul 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Oh, WTBTS!! You're so silly!! You shit-canned your radio station because everyone would hear your bat-shit crazy ramblings, 24/7!! Of course they would share your sedition with everyone, everywhere! We can't have John Q. Public learning what you really believe from a public forum! That would violate Cult 101 protocol!! We save the crazy shit for the meetings!

Sadly, you underestimate the good people of the Earth! They will find the back door into your system. You can hide absolutely NOTHING!

Sure, neglect a Q&A on your official site, stream all the controlled content you like, it WILL BE LEAKED! You CANNOT stop it.

DD

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My prediction is he will die and not live to see armegeddon.

Somehow I think that is a pretty safe bet.

Doc

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN
    Vidiot

"wifibandit - "...watch Morning Worship in their rooms..." Do you have any idea just how weird that sounds?"

This has always been the Missionary Position on matters !

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

If you consider the JW in house know-how in printing techniques and JW specific know how to establish a printing press without external aid on a new spot as was lately in a JW commercial shown, and of the book presentation at book fairs like in Brazil, the necessity for teaching books to make notices or in braille, or the own bible, that they should be capable to print of their own at least...the so I would assume that the book branch would not be given up totally, but perhaps optimised.

In regards to the video and digital new world think of the new video complex in south africa that is being built now or even ready or video production units in other countries and the "in site " translation departments of the videos in hundreds of languages.

So i think that the both print and digital will remain yet decades

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Makes all fine sense. To become a video company from a printing company. The savings of money in the long run are astronomical. Plus letting-go all those Bethellites, a lot less overhead, like meals, clothing. Just everything would be a hug cost saving. wow!
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I just want to add that those videos can be very moving. I remember at the Regional Convention with those video dramas. They throw in that cheesy music to add to the drama. People grabbing their purses for their wipes. Very clever idea to induce these videos instead of printing. Gotta give them that.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

DOC I did the dreaded dumb mistake, hit the unlike inadvertently, please excuse. I was trying to LIKE.

Marina

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

They did buy their own common carrier.

CC

• wifibandit
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Running your own video production company is much MUCH cheaper than running your own printing presses.

I think the videos they're now making are pretty cheap. The second Young People Axe video was extremely expensive from what I heard. The Andre drama budget was really out of control. There were travel expenses to interview teens at other branches which was many hours of material, but very little used. The whole production dragged on so long that during the process several of the "youths" in the interview and drama were no longer "in good standing" and had to be edited out along the way. Consequently, the Young People Axe video series is only 2 videos. 50 minute productions like that were followed by 3 minute "What Your Peers Say..."

The solution has been to simplify with short cartoons of animated characters instead of real kids. Most of their production work seems to be shorter, fairly simple stuff. Probably cheap imitations of what the Mormons do.

Of course, most of their video production is for lots of different sign languages, which I haven't given any attention other than when they've involved graphic reenactments of masturbation. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit