The org. Came out with a Christmas song!!!!

by nowwhat? 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    It does sound to me more like they are preparing the Brotherhood for some more "new light".

It's about time they lighten up on JWs attending family events at holiday time, as well as allowing kids to participate in Christmas/holiday events at school.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    It's about time they lighten up on JWs attending family events at holiday time, as well as allowing kids to participate in Christmas/holiday events at school.

WOW! I just CANNOT see that happening!

Beards & skirts -- no big deal.

Birthdays -- maybe (New Light on Job's children's "special days"?

CHRISTMAS? NFW! That would even stumble me!!!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I looked at the sheet music. Key of D (2#s) which is about 10 sharps short of their usual delusional keys. No bass clef. Still has the geetar chords noted. I suppose you could find TAB done by a do-gooder if inclined.

The songs are a running joke among most witnesses and this is just another

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think the “Christmas” angle is overplayed.

They are working on a film of Jesus’ life. Is this song being released to coincide with the release of the first instalment of the film? Plus it’s summer, not Christmas time. And the song also emphasises praise to Jah for the birth of Jesus, not worship of Jesus himself. It only uses “Christmas” language in so far as it’s biblical language from the gospels. It’s not exactly “away in a manger”.

that would stumble even me

Yeah, me too. 😆 I hate Christmas. Apart from the food, I don’t mind the food.

I could see them relaxing birthdays, however, but not related to the new song.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Relaxing birthdays?

But, would that NOT be taking the revering from the Borg? To that of individuals?

Beards & skirts. Thats nothing.

Xmas & especially birthdays? Now thats a stretch.

They dont want the "focus" lost. Which always foremost the Borganization!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. The songs .

Dreaded. Aweful. And hard to hold a tune to.

• blondie
    blondie
    No scripture supporting "no birthdays," in fact the WTS celebrate birthdays back in the day. No a df'ing offense either. Song might work, not associated with December celebration. Now, not counting time, that is amazing; I'm sure it is a combination of the WTS fighting back regarding negative comments about it in court cases and no real scriptural reason for "counting time." (I know the WTS has work-arounds that issue). I wonder if the day will come if men can skip the ties? The WTS also celebrated Christmas until about 1926, even photos showing a Xmas celebration at Bethel. Place for keeping record of birthdays in the equivalent of the examining the scriptures. It is just putting frosting on a turd.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Counting time was a key go to measuring stick in the Borganization

Then its gone

It was a determining factor if you're going to "make it" or not.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

Yes, counting time was a figurative measuring stick in the JW religion.

They used that figurative ‘measuring stick’ to judge me.. Then they did away with this decades-old teaching with no apologies to anybody.. Imagine the thousands who rang doorbells for decades when they should have had a decent job???.. Glad I never listened.. It ended up being well worth it to have been excluded from all those ‘special’ dinners!

As far as this new song, I listened and even if it’s not totally a Christmas song - it definitely seems to be inching in that direction!

Stay tuned for more exciting changes in the one ‘true religion’!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I remember being full on die hard PMI back around 1998,,or something around before 2000.

There was a talk given at the service meeting by the service overseer during the mid week meeting nights.

I remember his words. Something about only having 2 hours a month and the great tribulation starts. He posed a question about how do you think??? Do you think you're worthy of getting through judgement if the GT comes???

A hush overcame the audience. And even myself had a sobering thought """" ehhhohhh boy!!! I Better pull up my socks!!!!""""

Only that hours thing is gone now. Proving they only make things up,,, as they go along.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit