If You Criticize A Person of Color Are You A Racist?

by minimus 144 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

These 4 congresswomen are NOT foreigners my friend - one of them is.

Ilhan Omar was born in Somalia. She's Somali.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''Pretty simple, if you live or move to a country that you pretty much hate, why stay there? If I am not happy in a situation or a place to live, I’ll do my best to get out of there. I don’t understand why you have difficulty grasping this.''

I agree with you Minimus to a degree.

What I'm commenting on is your statement, ''If you rail against the country’s direction, go where you will be happier. If not , then shush.'' I'm just wondering if you think that striving for political change of direction is not something to be pursued.

If Frenchmen of 1789 had followed the advice that could be implied in your statement then I'm guessing the French Revolution would not have taken place.

When the American colonials were railing against the direction that the British were leading the early country I suppose they could have just shushed, or left.

I don't think you mean that. But that is how it could be interpreted.

Option 1 ......Put up

Option 2 ......Shut up

Option 3 ......Leave

I'm offering Option 4.........Strive for change

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm offering Option 4.........Strive for change - great.

In 2020 these 4 women can implement change if a Democrat candidate beats Trump.

But if Trump gets re-elected, they can't implement change for at least another 4 years.

And if Trump wins a second term, I'm sure they'll accept that they lost and he won.

Like they did last time. XD

Related image

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''I'm offering Option 4.........Strive for change - great.''

I'm glad we agree on that, thanks.

As regards 'these' four women , Trump, Obama etc, I wasn't commenting on that. But I take your point.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    flipper - "...Trump's mouth is quicker than his brain..."

Well, that tends to happen when the two have no real meaningful connection. :smirk:

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding strive for change, it depends if the change you are looking for is a good change or not. If you want to weaken the country, flout the laws of the land etc... I’m not for that at all. If you want to save babies lives and not destroy them, I’m for that change.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''Regarding strive for change, it depends if the change you are looking for is a good change or not. If you want to weaken the country, flout the laws of the land etc... I’m not for that at all. If you want to save babies lives and not destroy them, I’m for that change.''

Again I get what you're saying.

But it could be interpreted, or misinterpreted, that what you are saying is as follows;

If a person is striving to change something that I don't agree with as being a good thing, then they can just leave or shush.

However, if a person is striving to change something that I do agree with as being a good thing, then they don't have to leave or shush.

I could probably see myself agreeing with that sentiment. I think it's human nature to a large degree.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Re change - generally speaking, if you're looking to get elected into power and implement your policies to make some kind of change, well, ok.

But if you don't like America as a Western country that has elections every four years and has the right to control its borders, well this kind of change is different.

You'd be fundamentally against the US.

• minimus
    minimus

Thomas, duh!!! U know I’m always right!🤓

• LauraV
    LauraV

Ha! That was funny Vidiot!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit