Getting Remarried after a spouses death & then they are resurrected after Armageddon ?

by LOLS 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

snugglebunny How did your mom get even a single proposal, let alone four? I thought JW's only ever date with the intention of marrying. And if she wasn't dating anyone, then I have another question: who the heck proposes marriage to someone they've never even been on ONE date with?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Do Angels have sexual organs ? i don`t think so ,yet they materialized as males to have sex with female humans ?

Wern`t their any Gay/lesbian Angels in Heaven ? who wanted to have sex with their fellow humans ?

Why does the bible only depict Angels materializing { apparently to only males } and only wanting to mate with females ?

Was that a failing of Jehovah God that he/she did not give sexual organs to Angels ? That they were looking down on humans and thinking , shit look what we are missing out on .

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    How did your mom get even a single proposal, let alone four? I thought JW's only ever date with the intention of marrying. And if she wasn't dating anyone, then I have another question: who the heck proposes marriage to someone they've never even been on ONE date with?

She was a bonny woman. Been in umpteen congos, well-known need is greaters and also well known in bethel circles from when our dad was alive. A legendary pair. Plus frequent hosts of get-togethers, over a dozen converts between them. Social butterflies.

• LOLS
    LOLS

Thanks for all the Info guys ...
    But best of all thanks for making me Laugh ......
    the people in my office think I've gone dilly

• caves
    caves

I was in stitches until someone said 'shiny spot' like a ken doll. Lol.Then I completely lost it.

Thanks, I just woke up from dreams about it. Shiny spots everywhere.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    dynamiterose77 - "...if we die and come back, we couldn't marry..."

I've been thinking about this one a bit.

Lately, it occurred to me that since girls and women were predominantly property in Biblical times, maybe the New Testament writers came up with this spin* as a way of assuring First-Century Christian women that someday, they'd be "free".

Or am I reaching?

*(...assuming the WTS is even correct in their interpretation of the "resurrection" concept...)

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

We need someone to start a similar thread in JWTalk. This'd be priceless. They really do discuss shit like this over there.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I don't know which flip flop rule they have now about dead spouses still being married, but a friend of my mom's lost her husband ten or more years before my dad died. I thought I remember them saying that if your spouse is resurrected they will no longer be married. So my mom and this sister were talking about this and this sister said, "but a brother in our KH said that now they will still be married", So I guess all the wives that miss their husbands find comfort in the one brother in Philadelphia, who says the resurrected will still be married.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

the New Testament writers came up with this spin* as a way of assuring First-Century Christian women that someday, they'd be "free".

If resurrected women are free then I call dibs on Abishag.

(1 Kings 1:3, 4) . . .And they went looking for a beautiful girl throughout all the territory of Israel, and finally found Ab′i·shag the Shu′nam·mite and then brought her in to the king.  And the girl was beautiful in the extreme. . .

• waton
    waton

Here is another spin: Jesus was sidestepping the sex question as he did in Acts 1:6,7*** about time.

He started thinking, not about marriage, but the mechanism of coming to life, We are birthers, born with a navel, the resurrected ones are like like angels in the sense that they are direct creations by the creator, or jesus, or both. so:

that shiny spot reaches higher, no navel no nipples, nor bulges under it either. so sweet dreams!

***Jesus instead of preaching some about the kingdom (for his monthly report) said instead: " It is not given to you to know time and seasons, that the father has put in his own Jurisdiction." Even Einstein tried to work that out, fleeting or fixed dimension.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit