Woke Oscars cringe

by LoveUniHateExams 50 Replies latest social current

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

The left is going to have to learn a hard lesson. We or many of us don't want to watch some woke BS movie where blacks are inserted and out of place and we don't need nor want some stupid BS lesson on inclusion or any other woke crap. Personally I do not watch any movies that have an obvious woke theme or placement of blacks that are out of place and therefor a message. the awards are nothing more than a circle jerk. I never watch the crap and I don't watch sports at all. And if I want a movie that is out in theaters there are many ways to watch without giving dollars to Hollyweird.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Apparently the audience has gone from over 40m to less than 10m this year - apparently, yesterday's viewing figures were the lowest in the show's history. Get woke, go broke, lol.

Interesting video from Critical Drinker …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aRGYPxoZQY

• iXav
    iXav

The left is going to have to learn a hard lesson. We or many of us don't want to watch some woke BS movie where blacks are inserted and out of place and we don't need nor want some stupid BS lesson on inclusion or any other woke crap. Personally I do not watch any movies that have an obvious woke theme or placement of blacks that are out of place and therefor a message. the awards are nothing more than a circle jerk. I never watch the crap and I don't watch sports at all. And if I want a movie that is out in theaters there are many ways to watch without giving dollars to Hollyweird.

This comment is loaded. You are equating the woke movement with paying people for their work in Hollywood. As you rightly said that you don't watch what you don't like and that make sense. However, trying to find "many ways to watch without giving dollars to Hollyweird" penalizes also those who might share your point of view of the Woke moment. They still need a job and they need to get paid.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

IXAV, I don't give a rats ass about some microphone holder in Hollyweird. The only time I will pay for a movie is when I agree with the message and its a vote from me to support it. I.E. No safe spaces or some other movie about how the left is destroying the nation. Other than that I do buy Netflix but as for new releases its free of I pass. There are many ways to watch without paying these over paid idiots.

• iXav
    iXav
    IXAV, I don't give a rats ass about some microphone holder in Hollyweird. The only time I will pay for a movie is when I agree with the message and its a vote from me to support it. I.E. No safe spaces or some other movie about how the left is destroying the nation. Other than that I do buy Netflix but as for new releases its free of I pass. There are many ways to watch without paying these over paid idiots.

As the JW will say, Jah gave us free will

• minimus
    minimus

My girlfriend and I always watched the different awards shows. The shows are so woke now, it’s just not interesting! I never have cared what an actor thinks. Like they should be preaching to us what we should think?? Please.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Yeah, Charlton Heston was a bugger for that wasn't he.

• iXav
    iXav

My girlfriend and I always watched the different awards shows. The shows are so woke now, it’s just not interesting! I never have cared what an actor thinks. Like they should be preaching to us what we should think?? Please.

LOL, you had to do a double take to make sure you were not watching JW Broadcasting sunday service

• Simon
    Simon

Most actors graduated ... drama class.

It's amazing that anyone ever listens to anything they have to say. They must collectively be one of the least educated groups known to man.

Just think when you were at school, who did "drama class".

Never the bright kids ... right?

Now add a lifetime of them being told they are wonderful, after whatever dumb-ass comment they come out with, and little wonder that they follow every nonsense-but-popular trend and lend their pretty faces to political campaigns that some puppeteer has convinced them is important.

"Drama class of 83, we salute you, your achievements are ... well, we're still waiting ..."

• iXav
    iXav

It's amazing that anyone ever listens to anything they have to say. They must collectively be one of the least educated groups known to man.

Just think when you were at school, who did "drama class".

Never the bright kids ... right?

Generalization! That might depend on the school as well.

Is the woke movement really new or is it a reflection of society? Society is moving in a different direction and Hollywood is following the shift.

When Salman Rusdhie wrote Satanic Verses, some people put a Fatwa on his head and the West and politicians stood by him. Those types of values are long gone. Now, some journalist was killed in an embassy and dismembered and everyone kept quiet because you have to kiss up to get the black gold flowing.

The point is that society is changing and it is forcing actors and politicians to move in that same direction. It is not about the "bright kids". It is about survival for most actors and politician when you live in a cancel culture. If your livelihood depends on it, it leaves you little room to maneuver.

Back in the 70s film ratings were introduced so that adult content will not corrupt the christian values of society. Today, there is sex everywhere and you don't even have to search for it. Most of those who were horny teenagers in the 70s didn't appreciate the censorship. Fast forward to 2021, Woke movement is everywhere and it is being criticized. It will have its day and like everything else, it will become normal and part of society.

Change is coming and there is little anyone can do about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit