Today's text caused a fight between myself and my "Still In" wife.

by NikL 34 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

She insisted on reading it to me and I just couldn't keep my freaking mouth shut.

See if you can tell why...

Sunday, February 18

They would go where the spirit inclined them to go.​—Ezek. 1:20.

Jesus has appointed the ‘faithful slave’ to be the only channel for dispensing spiritual food. (Matt. 24:45-47) Since 1919, the glorified Jesus Christ has been using that slave to help his followers understand God’s own Book and heed its directives. By obeying the instructions found in the Bible, we promote cleanness, peace, and unity in the congregation. Each one of us does well to ask himself, ‘Am I loyal to the channel that Jesus is using today?’ Jehovah’s written Word acquaints us with the heavenly part of his organization. For example, the prophet Ezekiel received a vision in which the heavenly part of God’s organization is represented by a celestial chariot. (Ezek. 1:4-28) With Christ and the holy angels about to destroy this wicked world, Jehovah’s chariot is rapidly moving toward the vindication of his sovereignty and the sanctification of his holy name! w16.11 3:9, 10

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I guess a measured response to that could get a person doubting, but you have to be very measured.

Personally, I would want to ask, how the scriptures indicate that Jesus appointed anyone in 1919? I'd use the scripture that God will not do anything without making his servants (prophets) aware of it. (Amos 3:7) Where has he made us aware of this chronology via His Word?

(That also opens the trap for them to claim WTS/GB are God's "prophets" and being able to pull out Deut 18.)

IF in fact we assume that Jesus did appoint the Bible Students (there were no JWs yet) how did he make us aware of that? ALL religions (even kooky Cults) of Christianity claim to speak for God/Christ. HOW do we know? (Back to Deut 18 on how to identify God's TRUE prophets.)

I'm so confused. How can we rectify either of these scriptures with what WTS is claiming? Are we not to "test out every inspired expression (and thus even more so any expression from someone admitting they are NOT inspired) to see if it originates with God". (1 John 4)

Do they really have God's spirit directing them on where to go if they are wrong so many times and seldom (if ever) correct about anything?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Let me guess:

- You asked for scriptures (evidence) about 1919?

- You asked her about the difference between unity and conformity in the congregation?

- cleanness = child abuse?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Did she wear a head covering while reading the daily text to you?

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

This is so cultish, it almost made me cry. Poor souls, so brainwashed and under the magic spell of selfdelusion. In stark contrast to the freedom Christ promised to those who would be his followers and be led by HS. Slavery at its hadest form.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Hopefully you pulled out a zodiac chart and showed her that the four creatures that are pulling the chariot are nothing more then the four cardinal points of the zodiac. This makes god the sun. Tell her to go out side and look up, for she too has seen god.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Que this video up to 20:31 and let your wife listen to Geoffery Jackson say that it would be presumptuous of the governing body to claim to be God's only spokesmen on earth. This is in direct contradiction to everything they've said in the past and seems to contradict what your wife read to you. Some would even say he was out and out lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWV8YnTFto

• carla
    carla

".... toward the vindication of his sovereignty and the sanctification of his holy name!"-- what the heck does that even mean?

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed
    For example, the prophet Ezekiel received a vision in which the heavenly part of God’s organization is represented by a celestial chariot.

Why would you need a chariot in heaven? How is that 'heavenly' at all? A celestial chariot? You know a lot of people think that is referencing an alien spaceship. I'm not saying they are right but that makes a lot more sense than the idea that you need a chariot in heaven to bring about destruction on earth. If God is all powerful what would he need with a human made vehicle?

That doesn't make any sense at all. Even if you think of it like a representation... it still doesn't make sense. You can't destroy much in a chariot. Look at Ben Hur... those chariots are not very wieldy. They fall over easily and about the most you can do is run a person over one at a time. If you have hundreds of chariots you still can't do a lot of damage. A man with a sling shot or a bow and arrow would be a better representation of destruction wouldn't it? What about the trumpets that brought down a wall. Why wasn't that the representation of destruction?

There is not a single way that their justification and example make any sense at all.

Hey man, we'll guide you. We'll give you visions! Doesn't that sound like people on drugs?

Since 1919, the glorified Jesus Christ has been using that slave to help his followers understand God’s own Book and heed its directives.

Christ needs a new playbook then because he isn't doing a very good job. Look at how many people fudge their service numbers. That isn't 'heeding directives'. That is faking directives. And how many JWs understand the bible? Most don't even read it chronologically. Most read it out of context and still don't understand what they are reading. How many times do they use the same passage to mean a bunch of different things?

Seriously, Christ was an amazing salesman when he was alive. Did he lose something when he died for us? He should be way better at teaching and delegating than what we see of him today with the JWs.

• kairos
    kairos
    ".... toward the vindication of his sovereignty and the sanctification of his holy name!"-- what the heck does that even mean?

God is not satisfied unless his defective creation adores and worships him in the ever changing, 'right way'. Any that refuse will be killed.
    < it's a loving arrangement >

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit