I admit- I make my TMS talks apostate

by fr0808 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I make it a point to never say anything in my talks I don't personally believe. The closest I came to violating that self-imposed rule was a recent talk where I decided to include a line (posed as a question) about staying faithful if we see "the Governing Body" challenged. I refuse to use the term "faithful and discreet slave". Even if the GB itself uses "FDS" to describe themselves, I won't. From my experience, there are always a few who get just a little uncomfortable if you use "GB" all the time instead of the more flowery "FDS". "FDS" connotes some ethereal group wrapped in robes of holy spirit, whereas "GB" is a group of old (mostly) white guys who love their colored pocket handkerchiefs and pinkie rings and hate tight pants.

I've only ever had one person ask me, "oh, you mean the FDS?" I responded, "no, I used the term GB. They're one in the same, right?" "Well, technically yes, but...."

Sorry, rant over.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Nice! I'll be PM'img you soon. I'm putting some ideas together for a hunt for us. I think we'll have a great time.

Rock on!

• Heaven
    Heaven

The Inside Apostate Army... The IAA... is alive and well and fighting back.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Cappytan and SecretSlaveClass: Hey! I want in on that hunt! I'm a rabid gun-toting, target shooting, give me freedom or give me death kind of guy. I live in the Northeast. Never been hunting in my life actually, but I can keep my mouth shut while out.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

fr0808 - "Avoid any mention of Armageddon or the GB, if possible. I get the nicest compliments afterward."

:thumbsup: I think that's telling, in and of itself. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit