S*** JW Parents Say

by Dissonant15 37 Replies latest social family

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Parent to an adult JW child not living at home: "Wasn't paragraph 13 of today's Watchtower wonderful? How did your WT conductor tie it in with the illustration?" (Passive aggressive way of trying to find out if you went to your meeting)

During a normal catch-up phone call. "Oh by the way, what did you think of:

• today's Daily Text?
    • this week's Bible reading?
    • this month's JW broadcast?

Wasn't it wonderful?!"

(Passive aggressive way of finding out whether you're keeping up with the text/Bible reading/etc.)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Virtually all of these are basically the JW equivalent of "if you don't do as you're told, the Boogieman will get you!"...
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Shirley, I actually wanted to go to college, which is why my mother would say that education line. :/
  • Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    @respectfulobserver a CO gave that "halfway of consequences" illustration to our hall once. Where did that stupid story come from, anyway?
  • dhlpcjw
    dhlpcjw

"Even if it's wrong, it's still the Truth."

"The only thing that could ever cause us to stop being proud of you is if you ever decided to leave Jehovah's organization."

"You're going to die at Armageddon. And we're not going to miss you."

• Sabin
    Sabin

My mother told my little sister that her school friends would die at the big A. She went to school & told them all, they went home scared & told their parents who promptly contacted the school & complained my mum got called in & spoken to about it. You guessed it she blamed my sister " Well she shouldn't have gone to school & repeated it" my sister was 5yrs. My mother is one stupid cow.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

"Why can't you be more like [insert name here], he's already baptised."

All the while you know that [insert name here] is really the worst possible example of a JW.... probably a crack smoking, perverted, idiotic dolt... but we say nothing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Even if it's wrong, it's still the Truth."

God, I can't believe I forgot that one.

That is, hands down, the best/worst one yet.

Even a f**king five-year-old would be, like, "how can something wrong be true?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit