Any thoughts on the real reasons for droppng the 'school"

by sparrowdown 71 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My thoughts are

1. They want to avoid being made to comply with any laws that come with anything classed as a "school" especially a school with children enrolled.

2. The mid-week meeting has been dying in the ass for years and needs a revival. I predict happy -clappy-sing-a-longs to be included in the program.

Anyone else have any thoughts ?? (Feel free to be as ludicrous or serious as you wish)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

In marketing and advertising, anytime a product loses momentum in the market, it is given a new look, or a new package. The contents can remain exactly the same though.

People will buy it because it has a fancy sticker on the packet that says "new and improved..."

No different here...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    You make some solid points there stuck.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    I think there's not enough brothers reaching out.
  • baltar447
    baltar447
    I echo others with the "school" and young ones encouraged to participate being a strong motivator for them to change it with all the heat they've been getting.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Maybe there will be a The Bachelor MS segment.
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13
    Wait, what??? Are they dropping the Theocratic School??
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Like a hot potato daringhart.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

• sparrowdown
      Maybe there will be a The Bachelor MS segment.

Haha! Ok, here is our first contender this week:
      "introducing brother awkward. He is a 37 year old ex bethelite with a BO issue and social awkwardness. He conducts 7 studies and averages 23 hours in the field each month"

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Back off bitches, Brother Awkward is all mine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit