how do you feel re homosexuality?

by nowisee 155 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"ThiChi, the act itself is a matter of personal preference, and protection is a matter of personal responsibility. I would argue that placing a penis into a vagina without protection could be a death sentence. Not only that, and you don't have to be gay to have anal sex."

With your reasoning, any act can be justified. I disagree. You are right, the "mis-use" of Biologically correct sex can cause adverse results too. You prove my point.

Hey, more power to the "I can’t help it crowed" IMHO, it is a very feeble way to live.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

ThiChi-

How have I twisted your words?

Why do I have to read a book in order in order to as you say, "get up to speed"? We are talking about our opinions. Besides, I have read quite a bit of statistical information about the subject and I base a lot of my knowlegde on this + my Psychology background.

All I have said is that a higher proportion of gay men have been abused and this might contribute to their situation, do you disagree with this?

Oh and what does 'dely' mean, you've used it twice?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"do you actually compare homosexuality with rape"

I am amused how the point is missed and we go to left field. No, I don’t. The topic was not which is worse. The claim was that DNA makes people do what they do. Following this logic, one could do anything related to drive and defend it. Where does it stop?

• Valis
    Valis

Homosexuality is a drop in the bucket in comparison to the numerous lifestyles, sexual preferences, choice of mate/mates people choose. Humans find the way that suits them best to live and its all a good thing. What happens between consenting adults should not be something anyone should judge ever. Well as long as they leave fido out of it anyway..*LOL*

As well, I agree w/Francois that if there were a god and homosexuality does have some causation in genetics then the god responsible for those genettic modifications is to blame and I find no excuse why this premise doesn't rest somewhere in the bible..well I do because an all knowing all supreme being could never admit to being wrong...even oncce...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Why do people constantly get a knot in their panties about stuff that isn't even any of their business.

I confess that I don't like spinach. Actually I hate it. I can't stand to see it or smell it. I prefer it be in a sealed container if I am in the same room with it. Honestly, spinach is nasty.

But I don't hate spinach eaters. And if eating spinach is good for them, and harms none, that that shall be the end of the matter, to misquote Crowley.

There is a very good book called "AIN'T NOBODY'S BUSINESS IF YOU DO: The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in a Free Country." It is by Peter McWilliams and is a very good read.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I think certain people are predisposed from birth to Homosexuality. How unfair is it them to hold these people to a heterosexual standard? The way I see it, a gay man is just as attracted to men as I am to women, I wouldn't want someone telling me its wrong to be attracted to women, that I was evil for it, it's just the way I am.

As far as what consenting adults do in their bedroom thats their decision and none of my business.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You would not have made your observations if you understood the concept of delayed gratification. Are you too good to take a suggestion and educate yourself? If this is the case, then apologies to you. Free thinkers welcome new information. Again, please read it, it will give you a better perspective on this subject of responsibility.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""In the past, homosexuals indicated that theirs was a lifestyle choice, whereas now the majority indicate a predilection. Part of this shift can be attributed to changing social attitudes. Decades ago, having a genetic anomaly was associated with being handicapped in some way, and implied inferiority. Nowadays the trend is toward abrogating accountability, and anything that makes one different from the herd is assigned an inherent cause, whether it be obesity, alcoholism, or any other desire-based condition. Even those with genuine genetic impairments are told to believe such disorders are “gifts”.

People will believe what they are told to believe, regardless of reality. The mindset of both the past and present sets respective public opinion, and a “homosexual agenda” is merely representative of typical human behaviour. If the current nonsensical social constructionist theory on sexual preference ever becomes popular, the pendulum will swing back the other way, and once again many will claim a lifestyle choice is the cause of their behaviour.

The fact that there are exceptions to the rule prevents science from concluding that homosexuality has a strictly genetic cause. Because of the physiological and anecdotal evidence accumulated over the last two decades, one would be relatively safe in saying that, in many instances homosexuality appears to be due to an inherent physical anomaly, and that other factors exist which indicate an additional psychological cause resulting in some individuals adopting a sexual preference contrary to their genetic predisposition.

From a practical standpoint, individuals who are homosexual due to psychological causes must be classified in the same way as those who appear to be predisposed to such behaviour, for although some will respond to treatment, most will not, and hence their circumstances are as real as those with a genetic source. A mental conviction can have the same effect as a physical condition. For example, adults who only believe they are afflicted with food allergies can still manifest serious symptoms, and even die.""

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

SO basically you don't know shit about what really happens and neither do I. So we form our opinions based upon our own observations. You seem to treat yours as fact which it is far from being.

• LB
    LB
    why not focuse that rage on people harming innocent children.

Sheila I couldn't agree more. Why in fact we're seeing some rage in this thread based on different opinions.

Now picture Shania Twain and Faith Hill rolling around together in a wading pool full of wesson oil. Yeah, that's pretty disgusting isn't it. heh heh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit