Well I spilled it to the elders (elder)

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

An elder came over for a visit the other night (He couldn't get a partner) Personally I consider him a friend and have revieiled many things to him an figured the tie has come to step out of this religion slowly.

Well I finally told him I have no believe in the bible (Other then the confirmed history in it) or god. I did it slowly and tactfully and even non-agressive.

His response to learning I believe in evolution was that evolution doesn't happen now I respectfully disagreed and pointed out Lactose and alcohol tolerance among the last thousand years as well as tibetian lung/hearts. He refused to believe it. Sad.

He was sad because he realized I had proof...(or what he called... one-sided proof)*....But I firmly explained at this point I would not drag my wife down. He knows I support her no matter what she chooses. Also I explained I was willing to dabate anyone who left atheism and came to JWs.. he said he didn't know anyone...lol..... but would find someone. I said I would be happy to debate and have an open mind #

He left sad but not angry thus I partially accomplised my outing without a JC.

*One sided proof?... once I know of ERVS Chromosome #2 and other 28 points cofy mentioned recently what is to argue?

#Oh I have no problem with having an open mind to creation... but they must have 100% proof.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There are much more scientifically acquired documented information that clearly defines the Genesis account as just acknowledge and accepted ancient mythological expressions, such as the earth's own geological evolution, astrophysics and contravening archeological findings found and recognized from the ancient middle east .......the list goes on .

• Finkelstein
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Chromosome 2 is what did it for me.
  • No Apologies
    No Apologies

He doesn't believe in evolution because it's (supposedly) not happening anymore? And yet he probably has no problem with the stories of miracles in the Bible, even though they don't happen anymore either.

No Apologies

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

But I firmly explained at this point I would not drag my wife down. He knows I support her no matter what she chooses

Drag your wife down where? Do you mean drag her down to your low level of existence as a non JW?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    Pete: Yeah had you asked me a year ago i would have tried everything to get her out, but following many examples on here as well as using some pschylogical reasoning I have realized this is a poor method... I will support her religious choice... but leave myself open to her questions
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated
    Of course if they find my YouTube Channel I might be in trouble but thats a future issue lol
  • freddo
    freddo

If you're not ready to be df'd then be careful what you say; even alone to a lone second elder - actually, a lone second anybody - who will stand as a witness in a J/C against you.

One is enough!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Right...no need for a different flu shot as the living viruses do not evolve at all, right? MRSA didn't evolve either?

Some other examples:

http://listverse.com/2011/11/19/8-examples-of-evolution-in-action/

But don't try to convince him, it won't work. As long as he knows you made a rational decision based on a lot of evidence. He might not accept the evidence, but sure as hell cannot refute it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit