They still manage to find me.

by blisterfeet 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I grew up a jw, left at about 17 years old..(I'm 33 now) A little over a year ago I moved 1000 miles away from where i grew up. Today I "ran" into someone in the SAME congregation as my dad... like how is that even possible?!?!? He was very kind, mentioned the borg but only in ways that related to his life.. His daughter is a pioneer, My dad gives "the best" comments at the meetings, my sister is awesome.. blah blah blah...

It just brings back a flood of feels that i though i let go but apparently were hidden in there somewhere..

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Coincidences do happen. Just don't let them tell you it was "jehovah" calling you back.... I don't think alot about JW stuff at the moment, but as soon as I go over to my mom's house (who will die as a JW ) various annoying thoughts come up about how my life was sucked away by this religion. Oh well.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

it's a small world

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Coincidences do happen. I remember a story someone once told me. He was in a crowded bar in New Orleans. He looks down and sees a wallet on the floor. He picks it up and is surprised to see it belongs to someone he knows....years ago, in New York City. He remembers that this person was quite tall, looks around and sees the person is still in the bar, happy reunion ensues.

Another funny co-wink-a-dink. It's western dress day at work. Someone compliments another on their nice cowboy hat. She says she was getting on the freeway after a Garth Brooks concert when someone in the limousine in front of them stands up in the open roof. His hat blows off, the limo moves on, the person pulls over and retrieves the hat.

The person who originally gave the compliment says "no way. I was in (nearby city) that night in a bar. One of the very drunk people next to me says "Yeah, dumba$$ here stood up in the limo and his hat blew off".

Wierd stuff happens. Don't read too much into it.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

LisaRose:

Can't you see Jehovah's hand in those experiences? lol

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses are very superstitious people they see Jah`s hand in all of those coincidences .Was Jehovah`s hand in this coincidence ?

I was sitting in a club on my day off from work having a quiet beer when this stranger comes up to me and asks do you come her a lot ? I answer I`m a member so I come here a few times .good he says Do you know a person by the name of smiddy ? I said yes as a matter of fact I do .He then said do you know if he is here here now ? (it`s a big club) I said yes he is but I don`t think i`m the guy your looking for and showed him my membership card ,

The old friend he was looking for had the same name as me and belonged to the same club as me and this guy happened to come up to me with this question.?

Coincidences do happen

I know of many more .

Welcome blisterfeet stick around here and learn why the JW`s are just a man made religion and prove to yourself doctrine wise they never ever were appointed by God any God to be his spokesperson on earth

Take care my friend.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

It's a small world in JW land. I moved to the other side of the world and there was a brother in the congregation that actually used to be in my old congregation which was in a remote and very rural part of the U.K and he knew all the people I knew. I couldn't believe it.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Coincidences.... my neighbors 20ish daughter decides to stay in Europe for some months working her way at family farms, hostel businesses etc, for room, board One farm family in England, my neighbor's daughter discovered, happened to be the best family friends of her Jr High English teacher at a small school in the US.She immediately called her teacher upon discovering this and the teacher was stunned.

The odds..

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I once sat next to someone in Manchester airport who was also flying to the same country....county.... street.... next door! More that that my relatives owed the neighbouring bungalow and ran it as a B&B.

We wildly misunderstand and underestimate probability as humans.

As for the comments I have literally has the exact ones said to me. On finding out I had completed a degree and was in a profession, one ex elder insisted on telling me how well all my relatives were doing in the KH, like it was a competition. I just thought of all the wasted hours, days, weeks, months, years they lost and continue to lose.

• stan livedeath

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit