Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jws
    jws

Saintbertholdt wrote:

I am an atheist however I cannot positively say that God does not exist.
    However if she does exist, she's very different from the stories and myths we've constructed.

Being an atheist means you positively mean God doesn't exist. Saying there is a possibility there could be some sort of god is agnosticism (which is where I'm at). And like you, I believe is nothing like the stories.

To the OP, of course there are still believers on here. There are many. Makes things more interesting. I don't see following the JWs no matter what they change to. They're no fun.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Being an atheist means you positively mean God doesn't exist. Saying there is a possibility there could be some sort of god is agnosticism (which is where I'm at). And like you, I believe is nothing like the stories.

No, it doesn't. It means lacking belief in a god, gods, spirits, a spirit world, the supernatural, etc..

• prologos
    prologos

Where else would you expect it to evolve? Viviane :" Life" here seems to have such vigor, propensity to adapt, to evolve to fit into any crook and nanny, opportunistically, and this characteristic came through the original beginning event;-- so that I can easily see that it has in time appeared and then evolved wherever conditions are right and ripe. Life could be based on other energy gradients, cycles and different matter transfers. My point being if we discover it, it will have been there without our doing or benediction; if it works, there as to be a worker. just because we figure out how it works does not mean it is not work.

8) Deist.

• Viviane
    Viviane

You don't have a point. You're using speculation, conflating words with multiple meanings and treating them the same and "not reality" as a basis for "deist-god-dun-it".

In short, you are as ill equipped, ill prepared and dishonest as good old fashioned Christians in your pursuit defending the notion of god, and they're incredibly ill equipped, ill prepared and dishonest.

• prologos
    prologos

" short, you are as ill equipped, ill prepared and dishonest", and we thought you promised us smaller words. but you just might be right: short. & short on breath after reading your assessment. 8) Deist

• DJS
    DJS

jws,

"Being an atheist means you positively mean God doesn't exist."

As Viviane pointed out (me and her are sidekicks acc. to The Rebel, or is it Fisherman, I can't tell the difference), being an atheist simply means that one doesn't find there is evidence to support a god. If that changes, I will believe. Being an atheist should mean being an empiricist.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Being an atheist means you positively mean God doesn't exist.

Jesus wept, not this ignorance again!

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

God is a topic that cannot be understood, by reading a Book.

God can only be understood by magnifying the Divinity within. Once we do this, we see the Divinity without.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    God can only be understood by magnifying the Divinity within. Once we do this, we see the Divinity without.

Meaningless white noise. Any chance of you specifying your terms?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    prologos9 minutes ago" short, you are as ill equipped, ill prepared and dishonest", and we thought you promised us smaller words. but you just might be right: short. & short on breath after reading your assessment. 8) Deist

I never promised smaller words.

Try being honest. It might be a refreshing change instead of attempting snark when your bunk is revealed for what it is. I say that because you're terrible at snark and your bunk is just that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit