Cirencester Congregation UK: My story

by erbie 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Keep strong! Take care for your children and your self!

G.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow! So sorry for the things you have had to go through in life!

Well done in maintaining your dignity, poise and grace throughout it all though.

Now you have a chance to take control of your own happiness and the direction your life takes. Only you can now decide to regain happiness.

Much love!

• erbie
    erbie

Thank you all.

As I said earlier, many of you have bared your souls on this forum and so I felt I wanted to tell of my misery with the JW religion.

The irony is that my wife's father returned to that particular congregation and is now acting as an elder once more. I feel so sorry for those people who have to sit there in the audience and take 'instruction' from someone who has no principles, no honesty and no sense of decency.

The sense of injustice was unbearable for me at the time but I now at least see it all for what it is.

I have recently met someone else, a wonderful, caring woman who has been a huge source of hope for me and it is refreshing to be in a relationship that is not poisoned or indeed governed by a group of people who really should sort their own lives out first without imposing their lies on others.

Again, very best wishes to each and every one of you. This forum has been a huge part of my journey throughout .

• Damascus
    Damascus

I was/am in a similar situation and found the quote below of help:

When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will try to control how others see you. The misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth just like you did.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I feel very, very sorry for your hurt but thank you for showing us once again how this cult works...it DOES break up families. I'm so glad that you've found the strenght to wait for your children to grow up. I wish you'll have better years ahead of you Erbie...you deserve it!

• dozy
    dozy

Sorry to hear your experience. I always found that any pretence of confidentiality was a complete joke as well.

• steve2
    steve2

Ernie, you say you have refrained from using names but you name your congregation and provide sufficient details of your experiences that anyone in that congregation or nearby would be able to recognise the various parties, including your father-in-law and your now ex-wife.

If you are concerned about disclosing confidential details that could easily be pinpointed to specific individuals, you should have refrained from naming your old congregation.

• erbie
    erbie

Thanks steve2

You are quite right. But I came to the conclusion that it would be conjecture on their part and as long as I have made no mention of names I am happy with that. Those people who know that congregation will know who I am anyway and know of my character. It was an extraordinary set of circumstances that divided the congregation for quite some time but I for my part am rid of it.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hi erbie: what a story!! Do what i right for you. Take care of your mental and emotional self.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow! Kick that bitch to the curb, and tell her to have her drunk-ass "Daddy" come take care of her! Get away from these loons, pronto! SMH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit