Your Thoughts: My wife said...her service friend. speculated Prince would leave his vast fortune to the Society!

by goingthruthemotions 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes I can hear these Prince inspired Kingdom Melodies ........

" Come on baby lets serve Jah, we'll go in service to bring him praise ......

Don't be shy I'll dress you up that will catch everyone's eye .....

Armageddon is soon there's little time left, we better hurry now .....

Its service time, we're going to shuffle are feet to bring the word .....

Don't you know I got no hours this month and I'm getting the evil eye ......

Come on baby its service time

Come on baby its service time .......... oooh yaa yaa yaa yaaaaa "

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They announced the cause of death-

He crashed a little red Corvette.

Seriously though, Prince may have been a member, but he seemed like a fringe member and one who wanted to do good deeds outside of Watchtower's sphere of influence. They might get something, but I bet the lion's share is split among actually good charities.

• Landy
    Landy
    I was working on a cart by a five-and-dime
    The CO was Bro. McGee
    He told me several times that he didn't like my kind
    Cause I didn't like the ministry
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Prince? Not a fan. I never wished him any ill, though.

I wonder what his standing actually was, with the corporation?

I can imagine the corporation will hope for a big windfall from his demise. Imagine that paedophile protecting clown Lett conducting his funeral...............

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I heard dubs discussing the same thing

I couldn't say a word I was so annoyed by such an awful discussion

• JRK
    JRK

It appears Prince died intestate. That means no will. According to Minnesota state law, his full sister will get everything, unless it is contested. If this article it correct, it is just another deal that the GB didn't close.

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2016/prince-death-will-net-worth-tyka-nelson-family-inherit-brothers-sisters-parents-800-million-dollar-fortune-song-rights/

JK

• baker
    baker
    Just wonder if Prince knew TTATT. Seems that someone like him that used the media would at least use it once in a while to do some research... http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-prince-jehovah-20160424-story.html
  • myelaine
    myelaine

Prince said in an interview, "I can't be played. People who try to play me play themselves."

I'm convinced that Prince did know ttatt and (as I said on the JW fb page) his lifestyle was at odds with everything that JW's are taught are the dictates of God. It isn't God that decided that some can't be involved in sports at school and some can be like Prince. It is clearly the whim of men. I hope every JW will question why there is preference given to celebrities BUT, it is your voices that can bring accountability because "the sheep" wont go against the WT. Prince did his part in showing the hypocrisy of the GB...honour that, it's YOUR portion of the inheritance...keep the media interested in the subject by contrasting r&f with Prince with special attention to the fact that GB makes policy not God.

xoxo

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny.

Prince was a JW, but his sister - a gospel singer - gets everything.

You just know that's gotta chap some WT higher-up's ass. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit