Finally received our "shepherding call" today

by Jourles 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles
    If something comes out in your study don't you think they will disfellowship you for it and never speak to you again?

That's the catch. I only plan on bringing up doctrines that they cannot explain or defend. I have already started to lay the foundation with my family members on certain points that are not defendable. To me, if my family knows where I stand and they themselves cannot defend particular doctrines, I can live with whatever punishment comes my way. AS LONG AS THEY KNOW THAT I STOOD UP FOR MY BELIEFS AND THAT IS THE REASON FOR MY OUSTING. I want them to see for themselves how I might be treated for simply questioning my faith. I just didn't want to have a quick draw with the elders and have the $hit come down so fast that my family wouldn't have time to react to what happened. I want to draw this out as much as I can. And if I get the axe because of my viewpoints, then there will be no need for me to explain to anyone as to why I was kicked out. It will save me the time in writing out a letter to my family and friends explaining what happened.

• Jourles
    Jourles

RT,

I don't know if you still somewhat believe in this religion, and I guess thats not the issue. I don't, and I think that there is plenty of evidence to prove that they are totally full of crap and have been since the late 1800's. But I encourage you to do whats best for you and don't live a lie, after awhile, it takes a toll.

Believe in it somewhat? Not really. I just cannot dump it all at the drop of a hat. I can stomach going to a few meetings. I'm only in it for the sake of family. If I didn't have any family in, I probably wouldn't even be on this forum. As Utopian Raindrops told me once, we're working for the Underground Railroad. That is exactly what it feels like. Helping out bros that are still in make it to safety. The ultimate penalty for me being caught though is the most severe. Because there goes the foundation which I laid with my family.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Jourles,

I bet it was news to the 2 elders that the "new" book they want to study with you is nothing more than the old "United in Worship".

It was probably a revelation to them. I hope they go home and compare the old with the new, and stop hailing it as a new provision from Jehovah.

Wannaexit

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the new book is missing 3 chapters #14, #19, and #20 on the blood issue.

Blondie

• Jourles
    Jourles

Actually wannaexit, they both nodded in agreement when I said that the new book was almost a copy of the old one. I even threw in "with the exception of a few chapters." I wonder if they knew what those chapters were.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Jourles,

Many thanks for providing all of us with a real-life, real-time experience of someone who is fading away (as far as the Borg is concerned).

I'd suggest that in time you'll find it increasingly difficult, rather like saying one thing and doing another. As was put to me by another ex-dub as we made our own journey, it's "living a lie". Sooner or later, you'll want to move on with your life and live according to your current beliefs, whatever they are.

In the meantime, enjoy the journey. May you enjoy freedom!

Cheers, Ozzie

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Jourles,

Have you asked yourself if the elders had not prodded to see you because the society had this new program to check up on "weak ones".........if they ever would have bothered with you?....(just out of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE). I think not!!

I have found that most of what JW's do comes very little from the heart..... but much from a form of self righteousness to save their own hides. You are required to comply with all JW requirements in order to survive armegeddon and please Jehovah... the God exacting exclusive devotion.

This is the furthest thing from the truth taught in the bible. They visited you from orders given from above with pre printed outlines to distribute to you and a pre set up plan of study to refresh your mind control to the cult.

Jourles, I wish you can see how they make themselves mediator between you and God. The bible clearly says that our only mediator is Jesus.....PERIOD!! Your salvation.... forgivness of sins... peace, protection, happiness and unconditional love only comes from Jesus.

Ya know what????? Try just reading the bible fresh. Read the book of John and just get to know the main character. WE never did that as witnesses. We knew ALL ABOUT JESUS... but never knew him PERSONALLY. I wish I could tell you what a HUGE difference that made for me.

Don't blame God for this mess..... blame them. Don't get sour on God. He didn't do this. They are false teachers from satan. He decieves to get the focus off of Jesus and on to all kinds of garbage. He has done a good job.

Please give that bible reading a try. You will be amazed how different the bible is from what they have taught you.

Agape love, gold_morning

• ISP
    ISP

Jourles, you have done OK. The elders probably did not want to 'get' you anyway. They probably kind of like you.I wouldn't expect too much in terms of opposition etc from them.

Your situation is not a typical one. Most inactive ones, dont do much at all, dont go to the meetings etc. So they probably face a tougher time! I'll let you know how I get on!

ISP

• garybuss
    garybuss

I quietly drifted away and it took the elders 10 years to called on me. They asked me if I had any questions and I said "yes" and gave them 10 questions. They never did get back to me and after 9 more years I gave them a call and asked if they had any answers for me. They said no.

Think maybe they were glad to get rid of me?

I ran an ad in the local paper after I had been apart from the group for 21 years and advertised a recorded message telephone number for people having questions about Jehovah's Witnesses. Then I left the recorded message tape turned on to take messages from callers. The universal message I got from callers representing themselves as Witnesses was this: "We never liked you when you were a Witness. We are glad you are gone. Jehovah will kill you."

If any of you walkaways ever wonder if you want to go back, try running an ad in the paper with a PO box address or a phone number to call. Give it 6 months and then decide if that advertised love is there to go back to.

And if you think Jehovah's Witnesses cheerfully will answer your questions about them, you are wrong if your Witness contacts are like mine. Instead of having your questions answered, you will be marked and shunned.

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• blondie
    blondie

Gary, what were the 10 questions. I might like them on hand for my elder visit.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit