My thoughts re Pope Francis

by ctrwtf 17 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Mr Pope do you folks shun members? How does God speak to you? Are

you the true religion and why? Do you believe we are in the last days, if not

why not? And what do you think about the WT religion, are they nuts???

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I will be glad when he departs my city and things return to normal. That aside, it hilarious to see local dubbies tut tut the local catholics for worshipping him, failing to realize i have heard and seen these exact same people react the EXACT same way towards a gb member. Blind guides is what they are
  • zarco
    zarco

The Catholic religion by design does not proselytize. Rather, it does charitable works... hospitals, feeding the poor and etc. And in poorer parts of the world it attracts significant members (in Africa entire villages). The JWs do not do anything of value for the community. It is little wonder that leaving the example of Jesus in feeding and healing has not produced results.

In our lives, caring for the community, the environment and our children is the best way to show the JWs that their path is wrong.

Disclaimer - I don't believe the Jesus stories of loaves and fish and healings... but if one is religious that is the example... and the JWs miss the mark

• Perry
    Perry
    It really stands out in contrast with the "you are all gonna die" dogma of the wits.

Looking back, the phobia over dying seems so weird. I mean we are all going to die right? It is astonishing to me that the Watchtower could hold something as normal and commonplace as death over its members like they did. Jesus warned about judgment after we die. But death is everywhere, always has been.

Who knows? Maybe I'll convert. At least if I ever disagree with the Pope, I won't lose every relationship that I ever had.

The Catholic Church wasn't always like this. For nearly a thousand years, the RCC would confiscate your wealth or worse burn you at the stake if you denied the "real presence" , salvation at infant baptism, Grace PLUS works, and a number of other things.

Dozens of Popes in a row organized and murdered over 50 Million people throughout Europe. Many non-Catholic bible-believing groups were the primary focus of their murderous rampage.

In only one crusade, two million Albigenses were killed. How many must there have been altogether, and how many millions more must have been killed during the entire Middle Ages! Another source writes The Catholic crusade against the Albigenses in Southern France (from 1209-1229), under Popes Innocent III., Honorius III. and Gregory IX., was one of the bloodiest tragedies in human history. … The number of Albigenses that perished in the twenty years’ war is estimated at from one to two million. -- Cushing B. Hassell, History of the Church of God, Chapter XIV.

The Albigenses were peaceful Christians trying to love God and their neighbor as themselves. They were a REMARKABLE PEOPLE. - Wiped out by the Popes. Gone yes, but not forgotten.

The world should never forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8PdvOELvY

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Can you imagine any of the GB doing this?

Hopefully it works this time... it doesn't' want to let me post a picture.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Agreed Perry. Right up to this Pope the Catholic church has acted like a monster at times. The Pope that this Pope replaced was hiding the pedophile issue.

The Church was the first to recognize the Third Reich as well as giving support to the Nazis.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I just don't get how ANY religion can treat a human being like he's the second of coming of Christ. Like just touching him and being in his presence is such an honor. I'm sure I feel that way because being raised in da troof, and I know many of the Dubs think it's an honor to meet one of the GB, yet, they'll be the first to quote the scripture that something about " not honoring any man" or whatever the exact wording is.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

ShirleyW: I agree""treat a human being like he's the second coming of Christ". This man

put his pants on just like the rest of us and I'm sure his body waste smell the same as our.

He's just a man with NO special powers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit