need input: Asked my wife to show me in the bible where Christ became King in 1914

by goingthruthemotions 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I recently had a conversation with an ultra-PIMI relative regarding the overlapping generation. Despite all his pioneering, personal study, and assembly parts, he had no idea about it. He had to latter come back to me and apologise that I was correct. What amazed me about this incident, was for such an important aspect of which the faith hangs on, he was totally clueless. Needless to say he is still pioneering and to be honest wt can have him.

Talking about the Christadelphians. When I first left the JWs, I actually attended a couple of christadelphian services. Mainly out of curiosity. I was shocked to find that I could use JW terminology and doctrine and they knew exactly what I was talking about. Another religion worth investigating is the Iglasea ni Christo - I’ve also attended there as well.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It was all mathematics and numerology. Can I still recall it?

Daniel 4 says the interruption in God’s rule after Jerusalem destroyed, WT claims that was 607 because, would be 7 times . They say to take a day for a year. 7 x 360 days = 2520 days/years brings them to 1914....

I think that’s how it went but it is conjecture based on writings by 19th Century adventists

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Maybe you could ask what gives the WTS the authority to interpret the bible?

With some 40k different forms of Christianity, how does one know who has the true knowledge [aside from them saying that they have the authority]?

The WTS says so, and that's it? No other evidence aside from their [ever changing] words

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@BB

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Russell began with 607 because the walls began to be rebuilt in 537. Count back 70 years of God's predicted punishment and you arrive at 607 for the destruction of Jerusalem.

Once they had the 607 date then they used the 7 times of Dan 4 as you said to arrive at 1914.

But the 70 years were actually predicted years of servitude to Babylon and not of Jerusalem's destruction although during the years of servitude the city was destroyed and that as all non WT historians agree, took place in 587

So the WT calculations are all conjecture and theory which no real Bible scholar would support.

• TD
    TD
    I brought up overlapping generation, 607 and then i told her...show me where in the bible that jesus returned invisbly in 1914 and started ruling?

This isn't going to help her...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Skin says .......

You really have been blinded by Satan. How can you not believe all those things are fact and truth.

Men who profess false bible teachings are opposed to Jesus and Jehovah, they are being guided by Satan's spirit of lies, deception, not the true holy spirit from Jehovah.

1 John 4:1 .....

4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

• carla
    carla

Lee T, thank you for the list!

Sounds like she won't do any research anyway. You have to get into the 607/586/7 dates etc.... then you can also bring up the inches in the pyramids, miles to the Ohio convention thing (? sorry, stuff I have forgotten) and so on. She will just say it is new light.

How about the fact that they could worship Jesus up until 1954 (correct date?) new light again.

She isn't 'making sure of all things'. Her answer will probably be the same as my jw, " I don't have to the brothers have already done it for me".

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Start buying old JW books like the studies in the scriptures with the pyramid pull outs and others. If she will not look at old JW books then ask her if someone like her self in 75 years from now will not look at current JW books.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Jesus said all power and authority was given him after his resurrection and Hebrews says he was given the crown of glory past tense.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When you put on the special "Watchtower Colored Glasses" you will see clearly that jesus became king in 1914 and you will even see that he chose the Bible Students as the "faithful slave " in 1919.

Available at your local Kingdom Hall!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit