Pioneers, Elder's Wives most self righteous. Etc.

by Overrated 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Overrated
    Overrated

As a JW did you have a pioneer sister/elder's wife who was the biggest busybody, self righteous, arrogant pus in the circuit? Who would look down on others and treat people like crap.

Without giving to much away, I experienced one that knew everyone in circuit. And if she or her husband saw or heard something they didn't like it was " you know what the bible says" regardless if it was in there or not. Very arrogant to boot.

• waton
    waton

The bible has a question for people like that:

"how are you going to escape the judgement of gehenna." now,

If archeologists could only find a talk enabled snake fossil in the mud deposits left by the deluge up in the Himalayas.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The JWS religion is full of self righteous arrogant people, right at the very top of the organization as well.

• waton
    waton
    The JWS religion is full of self righteous arrogant people, right at the very top of the organization as well.

Rm: what do you mean self- righteous. It is not their fault that the deity appointed them.

• Overrated
    Overrated

The Flood of Noah's day just is hard to explain and does not make much sense scientifically. And don't get started on God, to me it's right up there with the tooth fairy.

• minimus
    minimus

Some elders wives kept a pretty low profile. I do think they had a huge influence on their husbands. Always good to get in with the wife lol.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

wives know their sitting on a gold mine.

• waton
    waton
    The Flood of Noah's day just is hard to explain and does not make much sense scientifically. And don't get started on God, to me it's right up there with the tooth fairy.

Or, sorry, I mentioned the flood only to indicate that The judgement of gehenna is just as real as the talking snake, and the Everest covering waters.

Some elders wives kept a pretty low profile. I do think they had a huge influence on their husbands.

m: right there were some decent humans among the lot, but not a lot.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I had to deal with seems alot of elders wifes/ pioneers that their place in the cong went to their heads and made them very ugly to deal with. Some where down to earth, but those where few.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Rm: what do you mean self- righteous. It is not their fault that the deity appointed them.

The reality they self anointed themselves as god's chosen ones, which also helped in selling the literature they published.

Those certain men made their own importance out their own ascribed apostasy.

Well maybe the other known deity known for lying and deceiving had a hand in the endeavors of those men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit