SJW thinking on the right: The lack of agency

by bohm 20 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm
    They seem incapable of rational debate.

Now with the "they" again. I am part of the left, do you think I am incapable of rational debate?

I agree the "shouting down"/de platforming tactic is one predominantly found on the nut-left. But it is a propaganda strategy every bit as much as the current administration's attack on objective reality/facts. I think the reasonable response is to have a conversation about what constitute rational arguments/debate and then identify that where we see it. For instance, another strategy is trolling, something mostly found on the nut-right side of the issue.

I think you would have been surprised how closer my views were to your own just a few years ago.. but it was when I began reading the more islam/left-critical sources I began noticing inconsistencies and double standards were rampant.

When you find a critique leveled against the left, try to consider what general rule of discourse that critique assumes and then see how well other arguments from the same source stack up against that rule.

For instance, you are probably aware of the "special snowflake" meme/joke that is making the rounds, the "oooh I shouldn't hurt your feelz" kind of response. Well, Spicer just told us the president was getting demoralized by all the mean things people were saying about him but that one kind of got a free pass :-).

I mean this IS funny:

“And it’s unbelievably frustrating when you’re continually told it’s not big enough; it’s not good enough. You can’t win.”

I hear they can operate for that!

I bet if someone said that we shouldn't hurt HILLARYS feelings THAT one would be in "this week in stupid!" and she got reasons to be a bit sad!

• Simon
    Simon

Trump is off in his own alternative universe and it just leading the media in circles, he's not really an example of either side IMO.

But all the "hurt feelings", "safe spaces" and "trigger word" nonsense? It's overwhelmingly coming from the "left".

We shouldn't care about Hillary's feelings any more or any less than we care about Trump's.

• kpop
    kpop

I will show two reasons why the left is in collapse.

Ex1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDOdcsh435Q

Ex2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_E8IyEL0Ls

I do not know why this bahaviour is allowed? What is the constant belittling of the white people for? I'm Korean and I have noticed all the time the left is pandering to the black race the most and now they include people of color which I assume is latin. Its very embarrassing. Even black people are sick of it.

I do not remember the right (or any Republicans) rioting in the streets after Obama was elected twice. They knew they were defeated and bowed gracefully IMHO. The childish behaviour of the left is repulsive and divisive. What happened to love Trumps hate? I see nothing but hate from the left. Burning of a female Trump supporters hair. Violence against Trump supporters for wearing hats. Do not get me started on my own experience wearing a hat!

• Simon
    Simon

Their strategy for the next election is doubling down on race and identity politics.

Further demonize white people and try to get all back votes. Electing Muslim leader of the DNC and their transition to the Islamocrats will be complete.

• bohm
    bohm
    Trump is off in his own alternative universe and it just leading the media in circles, he's not really an example of either side IMO.

Oh come on! The alt-right, nut-right is nuts about Trump! I mean, Bannon, who started Breitbart, is pretty much in a symbiotic relationship with Trump! (and TALK about an unhealthy relationship with the press right there!). Sargon of Akkad simply loves him!

But all the "hurt feelings", "safe spaces" and "trigger word" nonsense? It's overwhelmingly coming from the "left".

Yes, I 100% agree. I also agree it is bullshit. But watch as it gets appropriated by the right and (in particular) how it gets tolerated by the right when it comes from those considered ideologically pure.

Don't tell me that if the HRC campaign had told the press that HRC was upset because of what people were saying about her that would not IMMEDIATELY be ridiculed as "safe space" "feelz" "snowflake" nonsense!

That Sargon of Akkad can scream and shout as a moron on his videos (he even said he was "triggered") over a pretty bland tweet is an example of how the "hurt feelings" idea of injecting your emotions into a debate is leaking into the right.

• Simon
    Simon

I honestly don't think you are capable of viewing things rationally, you have decided your viewpoint and are now doggedly determined to view everything through the spectacles you'd been given.

The hurt feelings / safe spaces / triggered expressions used by many of these commentators is not appropriating it, it's ridiculing it, showing how utterly stupid much of it is.

• bohm
    bohm
    I honestly don't think you are capable of viewing things rationally, you have decided your viewpoint and are now doggedly determined to view everything through the spectacles you'd been given.

Well okay, thank you for stating your view clearly I guess. What can I say? I am sorry you see things that way.

The hurt feelings / safe spaces / triggered expressions used by many of these commentators is not appropriating it, it's ridiculing it, showing how utterly stupid much of it is.

Yes of course I know it was meant to be ironic, but the fact is that he did say he was triggered and then acted as if he was triggered completely with shouting and slamming the table --- and I don't think that bit was an act, I think he really was angry.

So, he got triggered, and had an emotional reaction to a tweet. Poor man! Bernie should issue Trigger warnings before posting such foul tweets!

Once again, if a SJW had had such a meltdown over a tweet, he would have been the one laughing! Please tell me that you believe that ain't so!

I mean come on, he thought it was HILLARIOUS that his creepy tweets about rape to a woman (haw-haw, I wrote about rape but technically not a rape threat, haw haw) made her report him (see the interview with Gaad Saad): He OBVIOUSLY think other people's emotional reactions are amazingly funny and then he has a meltdown on his own ;-).

• Simon
    Simon

Jesus H Christ, you can't see that he's acting as a parody? that it's ridicule? You genuinely believe he was "triggered" and having a leftist-style meltdown?

I'm done discussing things with you, I think you're just dishonest.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can't see a thing wrong with what the first woman said.

The second one appears to be some sort of performance art, quite good.

• bohm
    bohm
    Jesus H Christ, you can't see that he's acting as a parody? that it's ridicule? You genuinely believe he was "triggered" and having a leftist-style meltdown?

I think part of it was acting, yes, because it is not reasonable to expect him to have the meltdown when he knows what is in the tweet before making the video. But I think the emotions he show are based on real anger. As you said yourself two days ago the march (or I assume, the views of people in the march) also made you angry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit