JWs Still Attending on Zoom

by XBEHERE 18 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Another topic based on a conversation with a friend living near Warwick (I talked to him over the weekend). He said that cong's in and around Bethel, including his, are slowly starting to see an uptick with people attending in person his cong is pretty much 75%+ in person. However there are many that still use Zoom as a fall back. On any given meeting that 75% could dip way down.

He said he and his wife attend virtually every meeting in person and that many of the "biggest offenders" are the bethelites! lol Here are some of the excuses he's personally heard:

"Oh I got home from my assignment late..."

"my wife is just exhausted"

"We'll be attending on zoom today.." No explanation given

"I am not quite 100% yet.."

"We're leaving for time off on Friday"

I wonder if this is the reason the org has not addressed in person meeting attendance overtly again. Their own people do not want to go in person.

• blondie
    blondie

I am surprised; when I was out there, too many "Bethelites" thought they were privileged and did not have to adhere to the suggestions (rules).

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    I think what he told me reinforces that, they are the ones staying on zoom for no apparent reason. He said himself and some others are privately annoyed by it.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Many still on zoom from my observations.

You know, a nice spring day outside, no apparent , obvious health issues .

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Many still on zoom from my observations.
    You know, a nice spring day outside, no apparent , obvious health issues

I agree Beth even though his cong has 40 bethelites from what he said to me its still 75% in person but he did say on a rainy, cold week night that could be 50-60% so right in their "backyard" people are waffling more than they used to. They don't need a push to stay home anymore...more like a little knudge. Where I am much further south of Warwick its regularly 50-60% in person and it also dips for seeming frivilous reasons. People do not care as much as they used to. How sad for the WT

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

You know when the food and service is bad at restaurant, people don't visit the place. That's what's going on with spiritual food headquarters producing. Living near Warwick and having bethelits in congregation, does he have any news about Tony Morris? Like if he still at bethel?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    does he have any news about Tony Morris? Like if he still at bethel?

He said the bethelites do not to talk about it. He said one bethelite told him that the overseer of his dept said that GB members are not normally removed for health reasons and that is all they know about it. I did not dwell to much on this subject because he is PIMI maybe questioning a little, I do not want to raise his suspicions.

Honestly whatever happened even bethelites are being tight lipped. Isn't it odd that 2+ months later not one solid, verifiable fact has come out about AM3. Just constant speculation...... very strange and there has to be PIMO bethelites.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Interesting. With a substantial minority of bethelites themselves also still using Zoom when they feel like it, I wonder if that makes it more or less likely that the org will take a harder line? One the one hand, the fact bethelites are doing it might make them less inclined to get tough - but on the other hand, it also means the issue is more in the faces of the GB.
    I suppose it's a bit of a numbers game. As long as overall attendance is usually around 75-80% of cong size, the org may tolerate it as they can still claim acceptable numbers (and it would suit their longer term aim to consolidate congregations and sell off halls), but if average numbers dropped too far down on a regular basis, they'd have to act as it would become obvious that congregations were shrinking and it would become "discouraging" to those who bother to show up.
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    but if average numbers dropped too far down on a regular basis, they'd have to act as it would become obvious that congregations were shrinking and it would become "discouraging" to those who bother to show up.

According to my buddy thats what is kind of happening already.. so not sure what their next step is

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""According to my buddy thats what is kind of happening already.. so not sure what their next step is""

Probably closing their KH and making them drive inconveniently further.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit