Warwick -How much will it cost to build?

by TakeOffTheCrown 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    There are some good minds on this forum. How much will it cost, in your estimation, to build WarwicK?
  • sparrowdown
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

No idea of cost in cash terms but the GBs credibility will evaporate over time as "sheep" recognise they have been fleeced. Plush surroundings for Elite while faithful long time servants trashed. Years of obedience to org also trashed by telly evangelism. Have read that the JW flocks are mainly youn, I don't agree with that .Middle aged and elderly see their way of worship for decades now rendered null as Happy Clappy style takes over, young more likely to go along with HC but older wonder what has become of their form of worship becoming as it is what they savaged for years on others part.

so real cost is loss of credibility and authority.

• the comet
    the comet

http://www.warwickadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20140617/NEWS01/140619969/Jehovah-Witness-World-HQ-project-moving-forward-

Somone with greater knowledge of performance bonds may be able to read that article and tell you more. They had a 33 million dollar performance bond for the project?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

TakeOffTheCrown - "Warwick - How much will it cost to build?"

Tough to say.

x

But, now that they're having the work finished by licensed professionals instead of unqualified volunteers whose substandard work has to be demo'ed and redone over and over again...

...it will at least be more affordable (not to mention finished). :smirk:

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Doesn't matter, there are plenty of Sheeple for the fleecing!!!! The Governing Body has commanded it.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Hard to estimate since they're using a mix of paid and donated labor. Plus, you should probably factor in the expense of housing, transporting, and feeding volunteers. If this was a 100% commercial project, I'd ball park it in the $300 million range. I'm guessing it's costing them about $200 million, all in.
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

It's a considerable project. One has to factor in the cost of the land, the permits, the materials, equipment purchases/rentals, feeding/housing volunteers, and paying contractors. I think ROs ballpark of 200-300 million is a pretty good guess for a project of this size.

But when I hear of all the little wacky things they're doing like having a switch that can drain the entire lake and putting in electric heating into all the ground level floors - I wonder how much all that extra stuff might add up to. And what other crazy things are they spending money on that we haven't heard about yet?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Somewhere along the line I estimated that if it was a private project it would cost 350-500 million. I have no idea how much (if any) they save using volunteer labor. I suspect that aren't really saving very much. Using volunteers tends to be inefficient, and there have been rumors of stuff needing to be done over.

Without reading the documents I can't tell you what the performance bond covers. I might try to take a look and see if they are available on line. My guess is that they have to do with utility connections and the like. When the project is done, they bond will be released. That 30 million dollars doesn't really have much to do with the total cost of the project.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Wow. Estimates up to 500 million.

Thanks for your comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit