2017 Convention Video To Be Shown Regarding The 1975 Failure

by pale.emperor 162 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Buster k
    Buster k

I could make a lot of points but I believe as nearly the over 100 comments have spoken have already laid out all the Lie's and evilness this video is showing. No wonder as the Theme of this year Sh$t show is called Don't Give Up.

But what the really boiled my a$$, is that the video had no B@lls, Really no B@lls, they put the year 1997 in the beginning and yet don't say or list or put 1975 on screen, really just some time later bullsh@t. you know young ones or new ones going to the sh#t show of the assembly are gonna say hey when did this happens, and you know people will be saying oh it does not matter the Test as passed.

What a Religion with No B@lls and being Pure Sh$t. Spirit Directed Organization..... My A$$.

• millie210
    millie210

Ironic that in the video they make the statement that personal study such as Jesus words that "no man knows the day nor the hour" are what helped in coping.

That is a reasoning point from Ray Franz book "Crisis of Conscience" in the chapter on 1975.

What do you want to bet that book is reference material for the writing committee now?

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

Yesterday I rejected booking a hotel for the Convention this summer my congregation is assigned and told the elder I'm staying in my own area and would MAYBE go here.

But I think I will not attend this time. It'll be my first time not attending a Convention but all this nonsensical propaganda is too much for me.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Skepsis!

The first year I skipped going, I watched it all online.

It just served to make me glad I didn't go...

In latter years I didn't have the wherewithal to watch all that so I read the transcripts of the outlines the speakers were using.

This year, I doubt I will even do that.

Its a process!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Talk about wanting to downplay the 1975 JW-End blunder...at the 1:45 mark it states:

"Some were looking at a certain date...a few even went so far as selling their homes and quitting their jobs".

The reality and the truth is that most JWs were looking at a certain date & lots and lots of JWs cashed out of their homes/investments and quit their jobs.

I remember interview after interview at assemblies, conventions and on local congregation Service Meeting parts of rank and file JWs taking the course of action of simplification with 1975 in mind.

I remember an interview of a prominent family in our congregation who quit their jobs, sold their home and moved to where 'the need was greater'. Thanks to the WTBTS, today that family is in chaos...broke, husband and wife divorced and in poor health and the children are likewise in complete disorder and confusion!

All thanks and credit go to the WTBTS for misleading the great crowd of other sheep of that era!

My prayer to God is....'May the release of this video bite the Society of the WTBTS in the Ass'!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...Do I hear an...Amen! :)

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    This is simply amazing. How dare they try and rewrite history and adopt the denial mode. How dare they try and blame their trusting elders and congregations for highlighting 1975. Younger ones might be tempted to fall for this spin but anyone over 40 years old is not so easily fooled....Shame on the GB. Shame.
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

"...some were looking to a certain date..."

They're being clever here. They dont say which date. So someone cant say they're talking about 1975 even though the clothes and decor are very obvious they're in the 1970s.

They always do this. Sneaky bastards.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

AT THE TWO MINUTE MARK in the video (Watch) A KEY POINT is made which was REFUTED at the time
    in the Watchtower October 15, 1968.
    QUOTE:
    35 One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man's existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that "concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father." (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the "day and hour"!

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO3ARNNSfKk

Watch the video and read the Watchtower quote and watch the personal conscience of a thinking Witness being directly UNDERMINED!

• KiwiBoy
    KiwiBoy

They don't say which date.

BUT....if you pause the video and read the year text in the background you will read: "I will say to Jehovah you are my refuge and my stronghold.." Now what was the year text for 1975?

You guessed it......so they have dated this to 1975 by stealth.

And do the same for the next year text a few seconds later...you guessed it 1976.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit