Is going into a church really THAT bad?

by Zana 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Landy
    Landy

didn't even try to ask her, to come with us, because I knew she would decline. But obviously she hated the idea of me taking our son there. So why does going into a chuch seem to be the worst sin ever?

Tell her it's ok - you did ten hail marys and five our fathers while you were there.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Unless there's a wedding you want to attend in high case many liberal JWs will make an exception.

My family evidently was never that liberal. I recall several weddings where the ceremony took place in a church and my family waited outside and then moved along to the reception with the rest of the folks...

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

JWs = The Church of No

they say no to f***ing everything.

(and yes, going to church is always bad, but not for the reasons JWs say. Play with snakes & you're gonna get bit eventually. ALL churches--ALL--have their own self-serving agenda based on lies. Whether it's an innocent ice cream social or a kindly seasonal play, their ploy is to lure you in. And if you have a young son, he should especially avoid such places if you don't want him preyed upon by sex predators.)

• thankyou
    thankyou

Zana, OneEyedJoe,

Zana,

I apologize. I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Just want to praise OneEyedJoe's profound analysis of JW "brainwashing".

"It just hits her emotionally as a big red flag of fear and terror and sadness... and she can't handle it and shuts down. It's designed to do this so that you can't get past it. It's designed to be a wall too tall to climb so that she won't put in the effort even if you try to work through it with her. That said, it might be something you can get past, but be patient and go slow because it's going to be difficult for her."

OneEyedJoe

Your words are absolutely brilliant !

They aptly characterize the situation I've been facing in trying to get my Non-JW self together with a really special JW gal, where there is obvious mutual attraction countered by JW "brainwashing". Very sad.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

slimboyfat - "Churches and crosses to JWs are like garlic and sunlight for vampires."

Best.

Metaphor.

Ever.

• Simon
    Simon
    Churches and crosses to JWs are like garlic and sunlight for vampires

So holy water will work on both, equally well ... right?

• TD
    TD

LOL. You guys are on fire....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Be your own boss, but before going into a church of Babylon the Great, check the size of your testicles. Use a digital micrometer.

Do it a few times and report back to us the results.

Make it a "practice" and you will likely become smooth like the Ken doll.

Take some toilet paper when you go to pee.

Rub a Dub

• Zana
    Zana

thankyou wrote

Zana,

I apologize. I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Just want to praise OneEyedJoe's profound analysis of JW "brainwashing".

No need to apologize. I also did especially like OneEyedJoe's (and slimboyfat's) answers. Thanks for your input!

And please keep the fun answers coming, too! :D

• Laika
    Laika
    Every exJW should visit a church! (and/or other religious building) Just to challenge the phobia. In my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit