Hello everyone

by Lancashirelass 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Lancashirelass
    Lancashirelass

Hi there. I just wanted to add my name to the many number of people who have awakened from the cult. I have been lurking for probably 2 years now. And I'm quite certain there are many more lurking and reading just like me.

I have to be honest and say that I most likely will not be contributing much to the discussion board. I just felt it important to add to the numbers on here. And also given the fact I have just consumed numerous rather nice glasses of wine I felt this was a good time to take the plunge and send a message out to you all

The basics are... I'm female, late 30's, 3rd gen JW. Have successfully faded and so far maintaining that stance with absolutely no visits from anyone. I guess you could say I am one of the lucky ones who was never really noticed in a big congregation and therefore not really missed. This has made it very easy to fade. Lucky with family still in as close bonds are still there. Its kind of been a case of the elephant in the room. Ask no questions and carry on as normal. I have had a very loving and happy up bringing. At some point I simply started engaging my brain and seeing things for what they are. I started doing research and here I am.

I have enjoyed reading many posts on here over the years. I enjoy reading Terry's posts, I like your writing style, it is always such an enjoyable read. Cofty, I like your logical approach to everything. Always giving facts which make you engage your brain and sit and think.

I guess at the moment I don't have a belief in anything. I keep an open mind. I respect that everyone has a choice to choose to believe in a God or not. At this moment I do not believe in a God, nor do I believe there is anything after death. Death is something that I have found the hardest thing to deal with as I have lost so many family members, but I am finally beginning to come to terms with this and am reaching a point where I am able to find some sort of peace and acceptance.

I think I am going to stop writing for now as I can feel a lot more waffling coming on which I may regret when I re read my post ha ha. I apologise for any spelling/ grammar mistakes. In my defence I am a bit tipsy ha ha.

Take care all.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi and welcome. My daughter is doing her masters at Lancaster. I find Lancashire people to be very friendly and chatty. Glad you are fading and keeping family contacts. Enjoy your wine, my favourite tipple. 🍷

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    In my defence I am a bit tipsy ha ha

A little early in the day...?

Well done for a successful fade.

Never easy for a 3rd generation.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

congratulations!! this is from an known Apostate who left about 8 yrs ago!

• Lancashirelass
    Lancashirelass

Xanthippe - Thank you for the welcome. I hope your daughter is enjoying her time there.

Giles Gray - That's one of the things I enjoy about being single. I can have a pyjama day enjoying wine and chocolate singing songs in true Bridget Jones style and whos to know

TastingFreedom - Hello and thanks for the reply.

• stan livedeath
  • schnell
    schnell

That's awesome! Whether you contribute to the discussion or not, it's good to know that people ARE waking up.

No visits from anyone eh? I am truly jealous.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Welcome. I have no idea where Lancashire is. Happy to meet people worldwide waking up.

• Listener
    Listener

He LancashireLass, nice to hear from you. I'm glad that it has been smooth sailing for you.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

Great to have you here in our wonderful community!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit