My Letter to the Elders in My Late Father's Congregation

by cruzanheart 106 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Farkel
    Farkel

CruzanHeart,

Awesome letter!

DantheMan,

: I couldn't have said it any better than that.

That's not hard to believe. In fact, I'm wondering why you bothered to state the obvious.

Farkel

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks, everyone! I feel really good about the phone call I got yesterday. If this will help someone else, then perhaps my dad's death will not be in vain. Thanks to everyone who printed out copies of my letter -- spread it around, please, and let's see if we can make a difference. I would be honored and thrilled.

Farkel, you were at the Apostafest in Dallas in spirit, if not in person. Just so you know, I have a piano at my house, so if you ever get to Dallas I'd be thrilled if you come over and play for us. My husband loves "Liebestraum" and I know ALL the Kingdom melodies. And a little Bach.

Love to all,

Nina

P.S. So far, not one word from an elder. COWARDS!!!! Actually, I think the little puppets are waiting for Bethel to tell them what to say.

• Farkel
    Farkel

cruzanheart,

: Farkel, you were at the Apostafest in Dallas in spirit, if not in person.

I felt like I was there, and I would have actually been there, but I had to count my sheckles and determine if the cost of joining the DallasFest or my oldest daughter's graduation from Medical School was most important in my budget and in my life. I chose the latter. I'm sure you can see why.

: Just so you know, I have a piano at my house, so if you ever get to Dallas I'd be thrilled if you come over and play for us.

I would love to do so. I still want to meet my very old friend Fred and my newer friend Valis, and I love to visit Texas. This WILL happen!

: My husband loves "Liebestraum"

I play this as you should know. It's on my site.

: and I know ALL the Kingdom melodies.

Do you know the "Dubsticks Fantasy?" That's on my site, too! That is the ultimate "Kingdom Melody" and sums up dub-life to a tee!

:And a little Bach.

Not the fugues, I take it. Perhaps the two and three part Inventions, maybe? The fugues are killers in technique and delivery. I know only four of the Bach Preludes and Fugues, and only dare to play two of them. And I am commited to recording those two and putting them up on my site. (C minor 3 voices, and G minor 4 voices).

http://www.bizwebgroup.com/lp/da_farkel.htm

Danse Macabre is my next piece to put up. It's 7 and a half minutes of "Industrial Strength" music and makes Liebestraum sound like a tune!

Keep a watch out for it!

Farkel

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ooooo, you're good! Yes, I do the two and three part inventions, NOT the fugues. Never got that far. I studied piano with a lot of different teachers over the years, but the best teacher I ever had was a little old guy named Edward French Hearn, who in his latter years lived in Corsicana (where I got stuck for a year while my parents served "where the need was greater" -- barf). He studied music with the last pupil of Franz Liszt and played concerts all over Europe when he was young. Corsicana was such a dull place that piano was my only outlet and he told me I would have been a concert quality pianist if only I practiced more. (Sorry, but my butterfly mind is interested in lots of different subjects so I didn't have the dedication to pursue just one thing exclusively.) He taught me more in a year than I'd learned all of my life, and we both adored Bach's mathematical precision in music. Chopin's preludes are a great favorite too. Mr. Hearn said that Chopin put the "agony of the Polish people" in all of his work. I love to play Bach because it relaxes me. However, I am badly out of practice, so you'd better give us plenty of warning before you come so I can (1) get the piano tuned, and (2) practice.

Have you read the book "The Piano Shop on the Left Bank"? I think you'd like it.

Nina

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hey again, Nina!

: Chopin's preludes are a great favorite too.

I play about 90% of them. That is to say I play numbers 1, 2 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11 (that's on my website), 13. 15. 17, 19 (very hard, but I will record this one, too) , 20 (easy), 21, 22, 23, & 24 (the most difficult of the lot.)

It's wonderful to speak online with someone else who appreciates good music more than pizza toppings! (As I do.)

Farkel

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Nina your letter has touched me so much, I have prepared my own letter the other day anyway which I am sending to the elders and all the cong that I have addresses still of. This letter is going to cause a bit of an uproar and there are some very personal things that are going to get a few "Spiritual ones" into a lot of trouble. I am also including a copy of your letter !

Thanks again nina !

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Nina and Chris:

What a gut-wrenching letter. (I'm sorry I haven't posted to this sooner but I've been under the weather) I am in tears and just sick at my stomach that they can live with themselves and have the audacity to preach God's LOVE to anyone. What do they know about love.

I'm sure you know I almost lost my Thunder the same way. SO I KNOW so well how they kick someone when they are down. If this letter doesn't make them think Nina nothing will, MY GOD how more blood guilty could they be, they might as well have done the act. They should be ashamed of themselves they need not look to others for answers they need to look inside themselves and wonder where their flippin heart is.

You are both in our thoughts and we wish you the best as you heal from this horrible, horrible injustice.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Good for you, mattnoel! I am thrilled that my letter is traveling to more places than I have, and I hope it reaches some hearts along the way. (Besides us on this forum, of course -- we are very bighearted people!)

Love,

Nina

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

that sad story reminds me thinking about the "rice christians" who came to church because of food.

the borg makes "report christians" that dekliver their monthly report and forget that there are brothers who need more attention than any other one who seems to be not interested in gods word.

they sanctify the temple by the golden roof but not by the lord who is in it.

as they forget the small ones, the old one that are nearly helpless, they show that they are not better than the jews in the days of Isaia

God bless the meek ones

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Find a German translation of the letter here:

http://www.infolink-net.de/docs/com/briefe14.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit