How do you find reddit

by joe134cd 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• never a jw
    never a jw

@hothabanero: "John Sedars, who is a complete moron."

Just learn to separate the messenger from the message and also learn to look at the big picture. Don't obsess with alleged personality traits of Lloyd.

In the big scheme of things he has, and continues to do more good than bad in our fight against the cult...and that's more than we can say about most exJW's

• undercover
    undercover

I drop in at reddit once in awhile. Even created a logon name...and promptly forgot the password.

I see a lot of kids on the reddit exjw feed. I mean 'kids' by ages of anywhere from 12 to 20, struggling with coming to terms with being raised in a cult and trying to find a way out from under their parent's control. I've read more than a few instances of teens being kicked out of the house when they declared they were done with being a JW. I'd never really realized how awake the young generation had become. The Internet has really been a dagger in the heart to the WTS method of indoctrinating young people.

• steve2
    steve2

Reddit is okay - especially the exJW site.

Be aware that what reddit feed you get is based on what you have looked at earlier. An earlier poster said that exjw feeds appear on the main 2 pages - that is only provided you have accessed those pages before. It would not present those feeds to all reddit users.

The sly asides about John Cedars made by an earlier poster were uncalled for. Stick to the message, not the messenger.

• MaxTan
    MaxTan

I find the exjw Reddit great. That is partially because I read a lot of other subreddits and I find the format easy to follow, and it's convenient to check the exjw subreddit when I have the app (Relay or Baconreader) open on my mobile.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Oh yeah, I post more on there than here now. Not because I don't still luv this site, but because that one is 10x more active. You have to understand, REDDIT is HUGE with the youth. They go right to it. Just hit the "New" tab on the xJW forum to see all of the messages in order. It makes it less confusing when browsing there. Many cross-overs from here as well. It is growing by leaps and bounds, and many do give Props to this forum and sites like JWFACTS as well. It's not competition, but instead camaraderie!

And yes, many people trip over their dicks over Lloyd Evans. This is because the youth that are showing up know absolutely NOTHING about his past history of douchebaggery on here and facebook. They think he's the 2nd Coming of Ray Franz or something. It's really sick!!!! He has his moments, but it's hard to overlook his previous behaviour and also his self-aggrandizing ego.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I find Reddit a pain to navigate. It feels like im using a 1990s version of the internet.

As regards to Lloyd Evans, i dont know much about him, i do enjoy his videos but will i shite spend £26.75 on his book. I'll wait until it's on eBay 2nd hand for a few quid. I mean it's not as if he's covering his losses or anything, it was funded with a "go fund me" page wasnt it?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

As Hothabanero said "It is run by assholes. I joined and got booted in a week. So much for free speech!"

Yesterday I got an email saying I was given a 7 day ban from posting.

Oh, and where was the judical committee? They don't have those? They don't even have you face your accuser like the constitution says we have the right.

Hypocrites.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Reddit ? I have always found it tedious ,superficial and too many brief one liner comments to be interesting…..

Since Lioyd Evans has come into this, I don’t see why he is so disliked . His videos are admittedly over stated and repetitive but , hey… anyone who spends his time debunking the Watchtower has got to be on our side ….

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOE134CD:

The title threw me. I first thought it was asking for instructions on how a person could find that site 🤣.

I realize there are many young people on Reddit and I try to avoid reading their posts most of the time.. I avoid juvenile or silly sounding thread titles but sometimes you can be fooled. Sometimes you’re just curious.

However, I find myself reading a few once in a while and I’m really shocked at how many young JWs are at risk of literally being thrown out of their homes because they don’t want the religion. Some have already been kicked out and need advice, etc. When I was active in the religion I knew of two instances where young JWs were either kicked out Or were compelled to get out because of harassment over the religion. The Witnesses better not deny that this happens.

All in all, I think Reddit is okay and sometimes there are very interesting topics on there that I enjoy reading. I also recognize one or two posters that used to be on here!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

90% of reddit is dumb ass born in kids. Also non jw people with no life asking stupid questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit