by Englishman 37 Replies latest social entertainment

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL@the first one!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Sorry, I'm hooked on my own thread!

The Vault, ITV

Melanie Sykes: In which European city was the first opera house opened in 1637?Contestant: Sydney.

Sykes: In the Bible, which disciple betrayed Jesus?
    Contestant: Solomon.

Sykes: What is the name given to the condition where the sufferer can fall asleep at any time?
    Contestant: Nostalgic.

Capital FM early show

James Cannon: Which of these actors did NOT star in a Carry On film? Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Hattie Jacques or Laurence Olivier?
    Contestant: Hattie Jacques.

Englishman.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    this post brought to you by Montel, Sally Jesse, Jenny Jones, Maury, and other various and sundry piles of crap tv shows)

u forgot the biggest offender of all tiem

jerry springer

• ignorance is strength
    ignorance is strength

People aren't getting dumber, in fact we are getting smarter... smart enough to realise how dumb we are. (by people, I mean everyone except the Americans).

• ballistic
    ballistic
    you can also blame them for putting together this little ol' internet yo'all spend so much time on

oh, the Brits would have built their own version, given enough county ale, some RS232 leads and a load of cellotape.

• Simon
    Simon
    you can also blame them for putting together this little ol' internet yo'all spend so much time on

Actually, I think you'll find a lot of it was put together by Brits and Europeans. Tim Berners Lee who invented the web browser was British.

I know in the Hollywood film he'll become American

http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventors/berners-lee.htm

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well Charles Babbage started it all if you ask me.

• Englishman
    Englishman

More:

Nick Knowles: Which disease killed thousands of British trees in the 1970s and 1980s?Contestant: Myxomatosis.

Knowles: What was the name of Bill and Hillary Clinton?s cat?
    Contestant: Monica?

The Weakest Link, BBC2

Anne Robinson: Who painted The Laughing Cavalier? Franz...?
    Contestant: Liszt.

Robinson: In the City of London, the Monument commemorates which 17th-century event?
    Contestant: Er... the First World War?

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit