Ja Rule raised a Witness?

by joenobody 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Stinky,

My comment was more directed towards the mean, mean, mean urban culture that the popular rappers come from.

Do you remember when that lineman for the Cleveland Browns got in trouble for shoving down a ref who had accidentally hit him in the eye when he threw a penalty flag? (Maybe you don't.)

Anyways, the guy was from an impoverished area of Washington DC (not one of the places where the tour bus goes). At a press conference, one of the things that his coach said in his defense was that "he comes from a world that you and I don't understand, and never could even if we lived there".

To a sheltered suburban white boy like me, the whole black "gangsta" culture that exists in the cities is so frightening (and depressing - I feel awful for people who grow up in these areas). I wouldn't last a day there.

Sorry, I'm off topic here.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Well, I think that after reading Ja Rule's interview, he was raised a dub. There is no way he would know all the terminology and key words unless he lived it. Even his mom's DFing....very similar to many here.

He sounds like most of us here....hated going in field service and seeing his friends....does not trust religion now...etc.

I think he needs to host the next Aposta-fest!! Perhaps Ja needs an invite to join JWD and then throw a party. I'll even send invites to Prince and Wacko Jacko!

Just think of the stories!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Wow.... I wonder if he has ever lurked on this board. Or others like it for that matter...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit