2 Kingdom Halls burned in Washington

by Lynnie 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

As the only person on this forum who has been identified by name and falsely accused (libel) of burning down a Kingdom Hall in the USA, I just want to say that I never set fire to these two Kingdom Halls either. In fact, I've never visited the USA. Long way to travel from Australia.

I stopped joining in prayer sessions for churches to be burned down when I stopped attending Kingdom Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• freddo
    freddo

April Broadcast

Gary Breaux: (takes out onion to induce tears)

"Blah blah ... persecution ... blah blah ... time of the end ... need money to restore these wonderful places of worship ... send your donations.

---------------------------------

When the dust settles - CO in Kingdom halls area to bodies of elders for all congregations sharing the burned kingdom halls.

"And so brothers you'll need to stay in Outer Fumbuck for your meetings from now on as we aren't rebuilding the kingdom halls and are selling the land to developers."

Am I just a little too cynical nowadays?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Governing Body: We'll keep the insurance mony because god said we have to.

JWs: What shall we do....... Oh, inspired and uninspired at the same time glorious ones?

Governing Body: Er....build some new ones ....er god says you need to pay for it yourselves. Yeah, that's it. Pay for it yourselves....count it as a blessing we...er..god allows it.

JWs: The end is near. Feel the persecution.

Governing Body: Perse..what? Oh, yeah. Yeah. that's right. End near. Better hurry up and build those new halls then. Off you go. Chop chop!

• stillin
    stillin

Where were the angels during all of this?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that in the US the WT does not carry insurance on the Kingdom Halls. They are self-insured, meaning they figure they have enough buildings themselves that it is better to handle the costs internally. The local congregations are required to contribute for this cost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit