Ozzie's Weekend Poll #39

by ozziepost 19 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

OK..I sat near the back too.....and I see a trend here!

All us pre- apostates sat in the back. We knew we were going out someday

(..... accept LB...he's not a TRUE apostate )

Gumby

• Brummie
    Brummie

disfd persons always came in during or after the song started and sat in the back row and would leave during the last song.

I only ever sat in that back chair when I went back to the KH to attend my grans funeral, that was wierd so dont know how people would come and sit there year in and year out.

Brummie

• blackout
    blackout

They sat in back row, got there late and left early.

• LB
    LB
    (..... accept LB...he's not a TRUE apostate )

Well, maybe LB was a true apostate, just too stupid to know it yet.

• alfie
    alfie

While we attended numerous congregations throughout our stint as witnesses, in most of the halls the back of the KH was the place where df'd folks sat. However, in one congregation, df'd people were gently ushered into the second school, where they could observe the meeting through the window. I used the word gently, because to their credit, the elders were quite kind and compassionate to those who were having spiritual difficulties. There was also one hall in which an older lady who had been df'd would "sit anywhere I damn well please" as we often heard.

CIAO4NIAO!!

alfie

• eisenstein
    eisenstein

Well Ozzie,

Growing up with my mother being disfellowshipped was heartbreaking. Because she always loved to arrive like a good JW before the song and prayer. But, she would sit and tell my sister and I to go and talk to the other folks and we would try, but it always felt awkward.

It wasn't until 1987 when we were living in New Jersey that one older sister (who was studying with me and my sister to re-activate us) told me quite frankly that if my mother and sister (who evidently didn't make it to reactivation) wanted to come to the KH they should sit in the back seats. That is the first time I had ever heard such a thing. Does anyone remember when this rule was made? Anyway, one Sunday morning we all arrived at the packed KH and both my mom and sister sat in the back seat and my neice and I found two seats together up on the front row. I never felt so humiliated in all my life. What a way to break up families...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Does anyone remember when this rule was made?

This is not a universal rule, eisenstein. It's left up to the local elders, hence the reason for the question, for I've known congos that didn't allow the Df into the main auditorium, but they had to sit in the lobby.

Cheers, Ozzie

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Vivamus wrote:

myself, once, for the funeral of my grandma, and I sat front row. F*** them anyway.

WooHoo!!! I like your style, sis!!!!

Looking back....waaaaaay back......df'd people did not have a "place"...back seats were RESERVED (seriously, there were signs!!) for parents and small children and babies....NO LIE!!! Passive Agressive elders??? Df'd people just sat wherever....and shunned to the third degree, and looked down on for NOT sitting in the back row!!!!...sheesh!!!

Sooo...when I was df'd...I just didn't bother to go....Whew!!!!

ESTEE

• rocketman
    rocketman

In the back rows, usually against the wall.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

OZZIE, OZZIE, OZZIE, OY, OY, OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2..................is there anywhere else to sit?

the funny thing is that while i was df'ed, they thought i was feeling the effects of discipline by sitting at the back. little did they know that i loved sitting at the back and now i had a legitimate excuse to do so. only by sitting at the back could you check out who wore the worst clothes, who picked their nose, who slept, who wasn't talking to someone, and who was squirming in their seats for lying at my jud. comm. case. i loved how our congo had back-seat hogs, so when my family of more than 4 arrived, the ms,who was also the one i supposedly slandered, had to serve us by getting a whole row of seats to add to the back, and he had to smile while doing it. hah.........talk about humility, he had to be soooooooooo polite. i don't think he like the taste of humble pie.

but in our congo we had a special rule for df'ed people.............we had to show we were humble and repentant by not 'making eye contact with congregation members'. i found that hard to do because i'm a real eye-contact person, but what amazed me was that i was at the back, so who was turning around through the meeting? and how did they know i was holding eye contact unless they were too?

oh well, power-hungry men!!!!!!!!!! how pathetic.

better to be out than in....................and power to the family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers ozzie,

bliss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit