Hi Everyone! I'm homeless now!

by Yizuman 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Brummie, the library is just 2 doors down from the missions, not hard to miss at all.

Library? Isnt that were you get all the maps, advice and directions to local hospitals, industries and books of the area? These things are only hard to miss if your not looking for them, and they are all just 2 doors away from you. Alternatively you could ask the people you are now living with how to get to these places, surely they know the area. Perhaps its not going to take you "a while" after all.

All the best, as hard as it seems right now it looks like things are beginning to work out for you. I heard an encouraging statement a while ago.." A tree is stripped of all leaf during winter, but in summer it will stand in all its glory again" Whatever you have lost is temporary, sometimes we have to be stripped bare of everything before we can begin to grow into something better. Having experienced this, it makes good sense to me.

Brummie

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Hi, I just discoverd a way to post today to the forum under this new format. I did reply to your post at:

http://members2.boardhost.com/newlight2/msg/914.html

This is a copy and paste of that post.

Hi Neal,

I trust that you can find your way back here to see my posts to
    you. I still am unable to post on JWD, since Simon changed the
    board. I can only post on his site from the Library.

I'm so glad that you have found a place to stay that is close to a
    library so that you can use their equipment to locate a job. In the
    big city, there should be some where that will assist you in your
    quest for a job. All you need to do is to find that conection. Ask
    around at the shelter, maybe someone there can even assist you
    in finding the right job for you.

Keep us posted,

NewLight2

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Brummie wrote: Library? Isnt that were you get all the maps, advice and directions to local hospitals, industries and books of the area? These things are only hard to miss if your not looking for them, and they are all just 2 doors away from you. Alternatively you could ask the people you are now living with how to get to these places, surely they know the area. Perhaps its not going to take you "a while" after all.

Ah, ok. Haven't even thought of that. Ok, so I am slow minded. Thanks for the ideas and tips. I'll definantly look into that.

All the best, as hard as it seems right now it looks like things are beginning to work out for you. I heard an encouraging statement a while ago.." A tree is stripped of all leaf during winter, but in summer it will stand in all its glory again" Whatever you have lost is temporary, sometimes we have to be stripped bare of everything before we can begin to grow into something better. Having experienced this, it makes good sense to me.

Great quote, I'll write this down and memorize it.

Thanks,

Neal

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

NewLight,

I replied to the other forum.

Thanks

Neal

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Ok just got back from the Wishard Hospital and applied there. Hope I get something.

Well this was my first bus ride. Heheh, it was cool. Found the shop where I can purchase my bus pass, gonna go there tomorrow and get one, the bus pass for those who have disabilities will save me 50 cents out of a dollar.

Got to see all the businesses on way and back so I got some good spots I'm gonna apply for tomorrow morning. Need to make a bunch of resumes.

Overall the day didn't turn out so bad except for the cold! BRRRRR!

Hope you all had a good day.

Neal

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Neal,

Glad to see that you are finding ways to better yourself in the "big city"! Hove you land a good paying job soon!!

NewLight2

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yizman:

I've never faxed a resume in my life and every job I applied for I got. So maybe if you can go to the places and fill the application out there. My son just got a job at Home Depot and is making $10.00 an hour and he's 18, is there one close to you?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    SheilaM wrote - "I've never faxed a resume in my life and every job I applied for I got. So maybe if you can go to the places and fill the application out there. My son just got a job at Home Depot and is making $10.00 an hour and he's 18, is there one close to you?"

I did at the Noblesville one and they never called me. I dunno where's the closest one near the missions. I will look into the phone book and find a local one from here and see what bus routes there are to there.

Just got back from walking around all day downtown and man my feet hurts. LOL! Not used to walking.

Went and plopped like 20 resumes all day. Then had to come back to make sure I don't miss dinner and the roll call, miss the roll call and I'm outta the mission. EEK! Don't want that to happen.

I found a bus route to the Indiana School for the Deaf and am gonna apply there on Monday. I wanna talk to someone about job programs, counceling, some type of aid and maybe some type of home placement for the deaf since I'm the only deaf dude at the missions and no one knows sign language, so it makes it very difficult there except writing notepads. I would rather be around deaf folks that I can communicate with ease.

Whew! I'm pooped!

Hope everyone else's day went ok.

Neal

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Neal,

Glad to see that you are finding ways to better yourself in the "big city"! Hove you land a good paying job soon!!

NewLight2

Yeah, me too. Neal

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Yiz,

Something good will come of all this, I'm sure.

Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit