U.K. Judge rules five year old JW (not baptized) can get blood transfusion

by Tenacious 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Their was a case here in Victoria ? Australia in the 1960`s ,That got widespread media coverage of a child needing a blood transfusion and i think the name Jehu comes to mind .

I sometimes wonder whether they are still active members of the religion or if they or close family members have since woken up .

I use there name here because it was splashed across newspapers all over Australia.

I would hope that they and / or there family members have since woken up to TTATT and my heart goes out to them for the situation that was put before them back then and the loss of there child.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    The parents will be shunned, sooner than later.

Actually, the opposit. They can then play the persecution card and will get even more sympathy.

• blondie
    blondie

Here are some WT comments regarding how hard a jw should resist a court order to take a transfusion:

2000 6/15/2000 p. 20

If a Christian did put forth very strenuous efforts to avoid a violation of God’s law on blood, authorities might consider him a lawbreaker or make him liable to prosecution. If punishment did result, the Christian could view it as suffering for the sake of righteousness. (Compare 1 Peter 2:18-20.) But in most cases, Christians have avoided transfusions and with competent medical care have recovered, so that no lasting legal problems resulted. And most important, they have maintained their integrity to their Divine Life-Giver and Judge.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1991447#h=1:0-12:542

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Very interesting quote blondie. While carefully worded, it would imply watchtower's full support if the parents kidnapped their kids to avoid a blood transfusion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This kind of over ruling by government law authorities is getting more common now perhaps doctors trying to get a ruling based upon the age of the child in question.

Good , unfortunately there is still probably close to 100 JWs who refuse a BT and die every year.

How's that again " Love never fails ? "

What kind of loving god wants to see his faithful followers die and that person's family and friends grieve over the death of that person.

Sounds a bit sadistic, apathetic and unloving to all concerned.

• blondie
    blondie

Stephane, that is correct; that is what I call a dance around, meant to protect themselves legally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit