Tribute to Mr. Rogers

by ARoarer 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wednesday
    wednesday

now that i think about it, Captin Kangaroo was really mr. Rogers, just different time period. The show was similar. god i remember seeing Annette Funnechelo(ex sp of her name) on the original MMC. And the Dick Clark show, rock and roll, and i was pretty young. Not too young for R&R though.

captin Kangaroo was a very soft huggy version of Mr. rogers.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

wednesday, Mrmoe, You are giving me flashbacks

Electric Comany at dinner time. The kids loved that show. Can you remember 3-2-1 Contact? They went nuts over that. Remember the body suit??

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

OMG 3-2-1 Contact!!!! HECK YA!!! Remember the Bloodhound Gang bit? OMG *big grin*

Reading Rainbow, too. I loved books...

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Ah, yes, I'm old enough to remember Captain Kangaroo! Mr. Rogers was what our daughter and son enjoyed watching when they were very little -- they quickly outgrew it, but I still remember with fondness cuddling with them and watching the Land of Make Believe. It was such a gentle show. He will be missed.

Nina

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Regardless of what one might have thought of his show, Fred Rogers was and is an American Icon. More than that, he was the genuine article! Had Fred Rogers name ever come up in a child abuse or sex abuse scandal my faith in mankind might have truly been lost.

I think it's safe to say that the world viewed him as an honest and honorable man, a genuine human being whose sincerity and integrity were above reproach. Sure, the show annoyed me as my baby sister watched it, and I remember my brother and sister fighting over the tv because we had two PBS stations, one would show Mr Rogers while the other was showing the Electric Company and they would argue about who got to watch what.

I remember watching with my sister and thinking what a little hottie the gal in the Neighborhood of make believe was, anyone know here name?

Mostly though, I always thought of Mr Rogers as an example of virtues I never had, yet never feeling animosity towards him because of that.

A good human being died...he touched my life in ways I didn't consider before his death. For someone I never met, I think it amazing that I can say he touched my life, and I'm glad he lived.

Yall be cool

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit