Recent Ads on this site - Simon this needs some fixing

by done4good 19 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

I am noticing that when some of the ads run, the page keeps scrolling upward towards them. This is annoying and should be addressed, as it makes some threads almost impossible to read. Have same effect on two different OSs, (same browser type, Firefox). Not sure if other browsers are having the same issue.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Have you tried "Adblockplus"
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I am not experiencing this. I use Chrome as my browser

Kate xx

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

It was gone for a few months, now it's right back. I brought this issue up before, it's really REALLY bad!!!!

Can't read any threads, as it "hijacks" the scrolling on the screen and forces everything to the top. If it just ran on the side, I wouldn't care - it DOESN'T.......it runs at the top, and while running, you can't read the thread. It repeats this interuptive loop over and over again as well. UGH!

• done4good
    done4good

John Aquila - That application seems to be working well on the few pages I just tried to load that were giving me an issue before. Thanks for that.

I am a minimalist by nature when it comes to installing any application, so I only install what is necessary.

d4g

• Simon
    Simon

If you notice this again, make a note of the ad - I can block any that are misbehaving (Google usually blocks them anyway but it can take a day or two for them to be reported).

I try to limit how intrusive ads are but they are necessary to keep the site running. Some advertisers don't follow the rules though.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I suppose it depends on your cookies too, and if the advertisers are playing by the rules.

Kate xx

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    IAMS dog food. That's what I'm seeing.
  • Garrett
    Garrett
    sometimes (most of the time) not clearing cookies and history will cause your internet browser to act quite strangely. I recommend clearing cookies and history, closing browser restarting site and see if it still happens.
  • done4good
    done4good

sometimes (most of the time) not clearing cookies and history will cause your internet browser to act quite strangely. I recommend clearing cookies and history, closing browser restarting site and see if it still happens.

Do this regularly.

Agree with WC about the IAMS dog food.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit