Reinstatement...the aftermath?

by TxNVSue2023 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I don't believe she is a troll. I believe Sue has been kept in the dark for so long, she is trying to evaluate her faith in a free social environment and ask questions she would be shot down for asking in a Borg controlled forum.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

I agree that she doesn't seem like a troll. Just someone who is shellshocked and trying to make sense of a bad situation. And let's face it, with all the dfed and apostates here, where else is she going to get real answers to her questions? Certainly not from those who threw her under the spiritual bus! If she's sincere, she's turning to the only people who may be able to help her.

Unfortunately, she wants to go back and most people here would never encourage her to. It's paradoxical on her part: if she is reinstated, she will be expected to shun the very people she is asking for advice. But I'm not blaming her too heavily. Cognitive dissonance is a very real thing in cultic environments, and this board is one of the few places where she might get some personal support. She certainly won't get it back in the Kingdom Hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit